Michael Abra…, Other/Just Looking in 90404

Where is the best place to live in LA?

Asked by Michael Abraham, 90404 Fri Oct 19, 2012

Is Venice a nice neighborhood?

Answers

26
Dorene Slavitz’s answer
Dear Mike,
Los Angeles has something for everyone! "Nice" is relative and something you have to decide. My advice it to work with a strong Buyer Agent who knows Los Angeles well. I also advise you visit all the potential neighborhoods you are considering so you can get a better idea of what will make you happy and fit your lifestyle.

Happy Home Buying!
Pacific Palisades if you can afford it.
Web Reference: http://www.homesbylee.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
It's LA!!! there are great pockets everywhere including Venice depends on what you're looking for.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 5, 2013
The best place to live in LA is where you can afford to live. Once you get a pre approval from your lender you will know what areas you can afford. Call me and if you let me know what you are qualified to spend I can give you great suggestions on where I believe the school systems are the best and the crime is low

Lacy Burke
REMAX
310-666-9752
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
That's correct there are great pockets everywhere and its a personal preference, for me it's the beach!
My vote goes to Santa Monica or Brentwood.

Please let me know if you have any other real estate-related questions!

Alex Khalilifard | Realtor - General Contractor
BRE License #: 01937591
Listing and Selling Agent
RE/MAX
Alex@TopHomesLA.com
Direct: 818.925.8088
http://www.TopHomesLA.com
Venice is a great area, but being on the ocean it is very pricey-- as most of the Westside is .The best place to live in Los Angeles is the area that is affordable to you and best suits all your needs.
The best place would depend on what features are the most important to you.
There are a lot of great areas to live in West Los Angeles including Venice, CA. Venice is a West Los Angeles beach city adjacent to Marina del Rey, CA and Santa Monica, CA. The home prices in Venice are not inexpensive. Venice has single family home density. Have to consider your price range home, condominium or townhouse and look at surrounding areas.

Gail Mercedes Cole
310.853.9933
I'm partial to the hills of Mar Vista
Venice is grossly overpriced and still a pretty rough and tumble place. But if you like being by the beach and in the company of hippies (and hipsters) it's the place for you.
It depends on your price range. Where will you be working, what type of schools do you need if you have any children, or do you want to live near the ocean? The closer you get to the ocean, the more expensive everything will be, and you will likely need to exceed the $1,200,000 price range for a small house in good condition in Venice. Currently, the cheapest condominium there is $779,000.
Yes Venice is great! Very trendy with great local restaurants, coffee shops, and great beach location.
You can view all available Venice properties for sale here, you can even request a showing on the site:
http://heatherpaulonline.com/venice/

If you are in need of a Realtor for Venice or any Westside area, email me or give me a call anytime.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Broker Associate, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-923-2334
http://www.HeatherPaulOnline.com
South Pasadena..great schools, safe, and quiet.
Hi Mike,

I hope the search for your next home is going well.

I wanted to send a quick follow-up. Please email me or call 310-826-3100 if you had any additional questions or take tour of Eleven950.

I have a wonderful 2 bedroom apartment homes for immediate move in. Visit us online 24/7 at eleven950.com to learn more. Can you come today?

Thank you, Shirley Gaynor
Mike,
Good question but it all depends on your taste buds. Some like the Westside, some like the Valley, it all depends on what lifestyle you want. Take into consideration work, driving, budget, density, culture, and other aspects of life we deal with on a day to day basis.

Venice, is nice area to live in. Ask yourself what you really want in regards to the above considerations.

GOOD LUCK HOUSE HUNTING!

Yeprem P. Davoodian, M.A.
It depends what is your comfort of living. Venice could be a great place for you.
The best schools are in San Marino near Pasadena. It is convenient to Downtown and only an hour from the beach or mountains.
By your zip code, I can see that you are in Santa Monica. Do you want to stay on the Westside?Where will you be working? Do the schools matter to you? There are many other questions I would be happy to talk to you about during a buyer's consultation.
Please call me at 818-730-8635, or e-mail me at rholcwl@pacbell.net.
Clint Lohr, Keller Williams World Media Center--Burbank.
Hi Mike,

I have lived on the West side of Los Angeles my whole life, i am very familiar with LA and surrounding environs. I grew up in Brentwood, and attended Palisades High School! I have lived in Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Culver City and now Reside in Mar Vista. The Best part of Venice is the historic Canals... I love Venice some very famous people do also!!! Some parts are shady, but all that is changing now , Venice is becoming one of the most desirable places to live.

You can go to my website and check out my areas of expertise and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me... I know LA...

Madelaine Kolisnyk Realtor
310.869.1712 | 01377862
http://www.madelainek.com
Mike,
Great question! Venice is a hip coastal community that still has a bit of grit around the edges. Many artists and celebrities live in this area and was the LA base for Dennis Hopper before he passed. The climate is excellent but can be fairly foggy during May through July.

I prefer West-side living in Los Angeles along the coast but there is a great charm to living in the Hollywood Hills as well. Pockets of Laurel Canyon still have excellent values and there are numerous areas in town that are great buys right now.

It really comes down to your wants and needs then finding the location that checks off most of your boxes.

Happy to help.
Mark
You can't go wrong in practically any city in LA. However, I prefer the South Bay, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach area.
Venice is a great hip neighborhood, the home prices are on the higher side of LA. Silverlake is another comparable neighborhood; not by the beach but more central to downtown/Hollywood. It was just rated the "hippest" neighborhood in the U.S. by Forbes Magazine. There are parts of Venice as well as Silverlake that are always going to be a bit more gritty but they are cities undergoing major transformations and this always adds to the flavor and character of these unique areas. I specialize in the Silverlake area, if you are interested shoot me an email: Jason@3leafrealty.com
There is no simple answer to this question. There are many great areas and part of Los Angeles where you can live and enjoy. Its all depends on your personal preference and your budget. I'll be more than happy to show you around Los Angeles and explain what different neighborhoods has to offer.

Please call me direct 424-777-9377

Hope this info will help you!   

Please contact me anytime!
___________________________   
Free Consultation 424-777-9377   

Help with any Real Estate Transaction Buy & Sell!   

Thank you for your time.   

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777.   

Sergey Fednov   
President - Realtor   
- Trust Sale Realty -   
Residential & Commercial Real Estate   
_______________________________   
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55   
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377   
Fax: 310-356-4925 
http://www.TrustSale.com 
Venice is a very nice place to live, but it really depends on what's important to you about where you want to live. L.A. Is a very diverse city with lots of personalities. Please feel free to call or email me, and I'll be happy to talk in more detail with you. I'm an L.A. native who's lived in may parts if the city. I'd love to tell you all about what the L.A. has to offer. 323.559.5823 or marty.walker@exprealty.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Marty Walker
Hi Mike,
Are you looking to buy or rent?
Please feel free to contact me directly..Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
Susan Bo'ur
Coldwell Banker