Home Buying in Minnesota>Question Details

Sumrgal03, Home Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN

Where is the best place to buy in Minnesota?

Asked by Sumrgal03, Eden Prairie, MN Thu May 26, 2011

Does anyone know what area in Minnesota allows us to buy the best house for it's money?

Answers

3
Most buyers have an area they are most comfortable with. If they have children they want to be in a good school district (this helps eventual resale as well). Or you may want to be near places of employment, family, etc. Your budget will allow you to select certain areas as well. There are GREAT deals on homes throughout Minnesota. We have a HBSR search engine we give our buyers to they may research areas as well. The search engine not only shows homes for sale but solds as well. It also shows local attractions and stores as well as test scores for local schools.

The first 80% of buying a home is learning about local areas, about what you can get for the money in each area. My average client lives in a home for about 6.4 years. Any home we pick to make an offer on we also look at eventual resale with our Price Trend Analysis. You want to buy in an area where resale with a profit is possible.

Please call or email if you have questions.
I work in Elk River and I currently am doing short sales and can tell you that is one area where you will get the most house for your money. talk about 100k drop from 2007 on a lot of houses.

So, in general markets that are hardest hit by the foreclosures will give you best vale. Brooklyn Park (in one particular area) is a pretty hot market right now.

I see you are in the south metro so you might be sticking down there. Like Suzanne said it still completley depends on what you are looking for.

Always willing to help,

Chris

651-307-7663
chris.block@dhbuyers.com
That answer would depend entirely on what it is you are hoping to accomplish...and whether investment property or home to live in. I would be more than happy to discuss it in further depth. Feel free to give me a call or drop an email.
Suzanne Bownik
Realtor® Associate Broker
TheMLSonline.com
http://www.RealtorSuzanne.com
RealtorSuz@gmail.com
Cell/Text: 612-309-0884