Home Buying in Park Estates>Question Details

Christina, Home Buyer in So. Cal

Where is the best/most expensive area to live in long beach? what about Park Estates?

Asked by Christina, So. Cal Thu Nov 1, 2007

Answers

8
Hi Christina,

Long Beach has many nice areas. The most expensive is Naples/Belmont Shore, followed by Park Estates. There are also very nice luxury homes in the Virginia Country Club and Bixby Knolls. Are you looking for something near the beach, with a large lot, an historic home, a modern home, a pool, good schools? Signal Hill also has some fantastic luxury homes with breathtaking views.

Are you or someone you know looking to relocate here? I specialize in Long Beach and live in the Virginia Country Club. I would love to sit down with you to discuss your neighborhood hunting/house hunting process. Give me a call at (562)756-4144.

Karen Miller
Century 21 Landmark Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 1, 2007
My husband and I live in Park Estates. It's a fabulously gorgeous neighborhood with large lots and beautiful mature trees lining the streets. Call my husband, Miles Evans (562) 843-8378. He's the best realtor in Long Beach! He was born and raised here and can help you find a great home! :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 29, 2008
Check with one of the Sothebys Realtors over there...this will give you a good overview of what is available in the luxury market.
Web Reference: http://www.iansellsnola.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 1, 2007
In my opinion life doesn't get any better than Malibu, but in regards to Long Beach I will say that I enjoy Naples the most! Enjoy!
Web Reference: http://bennychavez.com
Christina,
Long Beach is an excellent place to buy a home. If you prefer expensive areas of Long Beach, Bixby Knolls and Belmont Shore areas are the top of the line, but in Belmont Shore, you may not get a big lot, but you will have access to pretty much everything (shops, beach, etc. )

Charita King
Depends what you are looking for. I prefer Virginia County Club and Bixby Knolls. They have charming large older homes with excellent sized lots. They no longer build homes with the character of the 1930's Spanish homes located in those areas. The down side is you are closer to undesirable parts of north Long Beach. Belmont Shore has proximity to second street but lot sizes and homes tend to be on the smaller side. Parts of Naples are beautiful. Especially one the water. However, parking is tough and lot sizes are tiny. Park Estates has some nice 1950 – 70 construction, with decent size lots; but there is nothing within walking distance. Also, as indicated by my earlier stated preference, I am just not a fan of the era of construction.

NewportFiji
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2007
The Peninsula is fantastic. Here you will find both ocean front homes and homes on one of our largest canals. There is a property encroachment issue with some of the homes, but as long as you are aware of it and deal with it accordingly you should not encounter any issues. Here is a link to an article which includes a market report for the area at the bottom. Also you will find links to other related articles.
http://www.longbeachrealestatehome.com/2007/08/23/long-beach…

Spinnaker Bay is also an incredible Long Beach neighborhood. Here you will find large and lovely townhouses with community docks; large and beautiful homes on the canals with private docks and homes on the main canal without dockage. Here is a link to a recent market report: http://www.longbeachrealestatehome.com/?s=Spinnaker+Bay&…

Best of luck in your home search, let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2007
Hello Christina, Park Estates is a great neighborhood. It depends on what size home you want as that area contains many larger lots except for the western side. You might also consider some current properties in Belmont Heights, Virginia Country Club, or Bixby Village which has both townhomes and single family properties. Try the property search on my website "Your Property Search" tab. Or feel free to call me personally or e-mail me with further questions.