Janet Bowden, Other/Just Looking in Santa Barbara, CA

Where is the best location for a quality house--Ketchum or Hailey? Something nice on at least 1 acre with a view, and under 1.2 million? Or land?

Asked by Janet Bowden, Santa Barbara, CA Tue Jan 28, 2014

Answers

4
Janet,

Since the areas are so close together you should look at all options. What is "best" is extremely subjective and you and your family are the only votes that should ultimately count on that decision.

Compared to Santa Barbara, every city in Blaine County will seem small and quaint, but that is a lot of the appeal. When you are looking for at least an acre, the actual "city" may not really matter as much.

I think you would be doing yourself an injustice if you ruled out either city before visiting them and looking at the available homes.

Because of the limited inventory of homes in your price range and meeting your criteria in Blaine County, I have attached a link that might help you as you do your research before choosing on moving. I hope it helps!

Jim
Hey Janet! Thanks for your question. There are quality homes up and down the valley! One tends to get more bang for their buck as they travel South from Ketchum to Hailey. Where you looking for something specific?! Let me know how I can help! Thanks (: Brian Kriesien 208-720-0239.
Hi Janet

I have lived in that area most of my life and both towns are beautiful and offer many amenities. The best fit really depends on what hobbies or amenities you are desiring to have close by. Ketchum is deeper into the Mountains and is a little more secluded. Ketchum has a nice hospital as well as many unique stores and shops. Hailey has Mountain ranges on both sides and is closer to larger shopping areas. It also has larger grocery stores and food chains. Hailey does also offer unique dining and shops. The two towns are only separated by a few miles.

I would be happy to send you some links to different properties, if you would like to experience what is available. It is a beautiful area - I hope you find exactly what you are looking for!

Have a Great Day!

Jan Walgamott
(208) 250-9071
Jan@TheEquitySavers.com
Either place is beautiful and offers many outdoor recreational sports from summer to winter! They both have ski resorts or are close to one. Hailey is a little bigger city with approximately 7900+ where as Ketchum only has around 2900+. As far as housing goes, the same almost applies with each city. Homes on acreage range from low $200,000 up to your price range. If you are big into the arts, I would recommend Hailey. If you like a small town feel with still things to do, I would recommend Ketchum. Good luck and if you would like me to send you a list of homes in your above price range, just send me your email to pennyfisher56@gmail.com. Thanks! Network Real Estate Group 208-221-9341.