Home Buying in Laveen>Question Details

Kc, Home Buyer in Laveen, Phoenix, AZ

Where is good area to invest in a family home?

Asked by Kc, Laveen, Phoenix, AZ Wed Jan 19, 2011

Answers

12
Bob Dickinson’s answer
KC,
There are obviously several places that are good and many that are not good.
I personally would look for the best school districts. That way you can almost always make a safe investment.
One such example would be the award winning Kyrene school district, which is Ahwatukee, North Chandler, and South Tempe. You can find a home or condo for most any price range and the locations are excellent.
Let me know if you need any help.
Have you planned any for any other country or You are asking for USA only?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 28, 2015
That depends on your definition of good. Aside from the obvious like safety and increasing property values. What does good mean to you? Do you want easy access to a major highway? Do you have to live in a certain district so your kids can go the school they want? Do you want to cross the street and be at a restaurant or cafe or mall?? I would suggest making a list and prioritizing what really matters to you and your family. Take that list to your Realtor and show it to them. From there they should be able to translate that into a search for you. Make sure all of your "must haves" are heard and addressed. Getting this down on paper before you begin physically looking will definitely make the process a lot faster and fun!
Good Luck to you and your family!!

Francisco Leyva
DPR Realty
KC,

I'm biased (as is everyone, I suppose), but I think the Chandler, Gilbert, East Mesa areas are terrific. Mostly Gilbert, to be honest. It's a relatively new area, but there has been a lot of interest from business interests, which means jobs, additional tax revenue to the City (which means better services, better schools, etc.), and great schools. Prices are stabilizing now, a little earlier than other areas in the Valley, and I think the area is poised for a good recovery.

If I can be of any assistance, let me know.

Kc

The valley has many areas that are great areas for families to purchase a home in. To give you the most help, we would need to know more about your situation, such as your purchase price range, details of what you want in a home, how far of a commute you want from work...

That said, Tempe's Kyrene school district is great, going further east will get you more house for the money, Scottsdale is great as well, a bit pricier. If you go to the outskirts you will get a lot of home for absolutely great pricing. There are very nice areas on the NW side of town also. If you want homes that are in higher priced areas, then the Arcadia area near Camelback has great older homes, and Scottdale would be great choices. Then you could go into North Mesa and get even more of a home in some very nice neighborhoods...

I know this is pretty general, but again, we would need to know more about your specifics.

Brenda & Ron Cunningham
Recognized in the July 1010 Phoenix Business Journal's "Top 50 Realtors in the Valley" list.
Chandler by far! Great schools, great location, people, home values and the list goes on.
As you probably know, location is everything when considering a family home. You can start by looking at which zip codes have retained the most value over the last 5-10 years. You can pull up different schools districts and see which are the most highly rated. I think you will find that certain neighborhoods in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Phoenix, Glendale, and Peoria will give you a good return on a home investment.

For example, the Kyrene school district is an excellent, highly rated scholl district. It covers parts of Tempe, Chandler, and Phoenix (Ahwatukee area). The homes in this school district hold their value pretty well and usually have an easier time selling.

Feel free to give me a call anytime. I can answer any additional questions you might have.

Bob Dickinson RE/MAX Excalibur 602-527-8086
Kc,

It depends on what you are looking for. For some people it will be Scottsdale, for some others it will be Chandler, and for others the west valley area. What is your price range? Are you looking for rental income or are you considering long term appreciation on a home for yourself?

Many variables are involved when selecting the ideal location for your needs. Based on my personal preferences I like Chandler for its balance of location, pricing, schools, etc... But that will not necessarily be the best option for other people with different goals and budgets.

Carlos J. Ramirez, PC, ABR, CNE
Associate Broker/Realtor, HomeSmart -
http://www.SmartAZRealty.com
KC

The Phoenix market has a number of areas that have tremendous potential to be a good investment for a family home. For most buyers other factors influence the decision, employment, schools, family, friends etc? Do the other factors play a role in your decision.

Most buyers have the outside influences that factor into the decision. I could say Avondale is a great place only to find out you work in east Mesa and would have an hour commute from the west side.

I don't mean to not answer your question but I just don't think it is possible without knowing more about your situation.

Sincerely

Doug McVinua
HomeSmart

Arizona Homes for Sale by a Guy from Iowa
Web Reference: http://www.McVinua.com
The phrase invest in a family home, implies that the home will increase in value. It seems like a long time ago when we expected Real Estate increase, for a short time property in the 85086 zip code was increasing an unattainable $10,000 per month. Given the number of properties in the Phoenix and surrounding areas that are underwater, I see this flat bottom for several years. Although, there are and will always be good buys and money to be made in down markets. When searching for your family’s home some important things to take into consider are location, commute, schools and what you can afford. I have seen some of the best buys in North Phoenix area that have seen the biggest price drops. How long do you plan to own this home?
There are many items that come into play when looking to invest/purchase a Family Home. Assming you want this as your home then you need to look at the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and overall square footage of the house to meet your family needs today and looking into the short future. One of the biggest factors in home buying is "What can I afford to pay to purchase my home?" You do not want to be cash poor and live in a luxurious hoem because you won't be able to enjoy it. You also want to look at the drive to work, schools for children and other factors as well. All these things and others play into where you purchase your home and how much you pay for it. If you are looking for an investment family home then the issue is your Return on Investment (ROI) and whther you are looking for short term ROI or steady longer term ROI as in a good rental.
As you can see purchasing a home is an important investment and you should know all the facts aand be able to trust and rely on a professional to help you. I would really like to assist you in your quest for a home. Please contact me via email (rktconsult@cox.net) or phone (480 346-5320). Thank you. Richard Troxell, RE/MAX Excalibur Realty
Hi Kc,
It all depends if you are looking to buy a home for yourself or are you looking to buy a home as an investment property and your intentions are to rent it out. My partner and I have directed our investor clients to homes in the west valley where the rental returns have been very strong. We have certain communities in Phoenix, Avondale, Buckeye, Goodyear and Glendale that have been very good investments between $60,000-$78,000. If you are looking to buy a home that is a little higher priced and great for families, I would concentrate in 85085 and 85083 - North Phoenix.
If you need some more detailed info, please fee free to contact me and I will be happy to help you find a home.
Best of luck,
Lorrie Feld
Keller Williams Integrity First
Lfeld@azrealtygroup.com
480-570-1074

Lorrie Feld