Home Buying in Pompano Beach>Question Details

Oxana Ogiwara, Home Buyer in New York

Where is a good place to live with kids in Florida?

Asked by Oxana Ogiwara, New York Sun Sep 2, 2012

Where is a good place to live with kids in Florida:low taxes,safe and good schools.

Answers

10
Pat Palmer’s answer
Hi J.O.,
It only takes me two words to answer your question: Boca Raton.
Boca has GREAT schools, beautiful parks, a vibrant civic life and tons of outdoor activities. You couple that with a small town feel in the middle of a large city, and you have why I love Boca.
I will tell you that I moved from Southern California to Boca for all those reason.
If you would like to know more, feel free to contact me and look at the web link below.

Pat Palmer-Realtor
Boca's Best Broker

Direct 786-286-6557

Keller Williams
2424 N. Federal Hwy #318
Boca Raton, FL 33431
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
It all depends on your budget.
I have been raising my two children in Coconut Creek for the past 14 years. Good schools, sports, things to do and wonderful neighbors.
Beware of the answers these agents who will tell you just about anything to make a sale. I've lived in Broward over 30 years and don't know of any cities, including Boca across the line into Palm Bch County, that don't have drug problems these days. In Boca you have a lot of spoiled kids with the money to buy drugs and putting the kids in private schools won't shield them from the drugs. Go to Current TV and look for the show, Oxy Express. If your sharp you'll even catch Boca Raton Cops in the show.
Depends on what price range property are you looking for. If that is not a problem, Parkland has excellent schools, possesses second lowest crime rate per 1000 people in Broward County and the City is comitted to thriving business community and a strong local economy.

Maria Cipollone
Century 21
http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Coral Springs is the best area in southeast Florida to raise a family, with safe neighborhoods and excellent schools.
Your either a lier or in la la land. Coral Springs was THE place for kids 20 years ago. Now not the case. Drugs and Gangs are a large problem there these days.
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
Weston Florida has all "A" schools! Weston, Florida -is known for having excellent "A" schools from Weston's 6 elementary schools being; Country Isles, Eagle Point, Everglades, Gator Run, Indian Trace, Manatee Bay, 2 junior high schools, Tequesta Trace and Falcon Cove through Cypress Bay High school.

There are numerous activities for Weston's children such as; Weston's Art Institute, dancing, martial arts and karate, gymnastics, and Westons various public parks including baseball, cheerleading, football, lacrosse, roller hockey, softball and Weston's YMCA. Weston is home to Weston's Midtown Club for a complete workout, tennis and Olympic Pool activities. Also, Weston is home to Weston Hills Country Club with dining facilities, banquet facilities, an exercise room, tennis lessons, and world renowned gold course with 36 holes of golf. Call me for floor plans for Weston's residences!

The city of Weston, Florida is a beautiful neighborly master planed city with a big family appeal, encompassing 22 square miles.

Weston has many gated communities, winding roadways, bike trails, sidewalks, manicured golf courses, beautiful scenic lakes, fabulous maintained landscaping enhanced with wondrous trees and stunning flowering bushes alongside the immaculate winding roadways, filled with Florida' overhead blazing sunshine and permanent warm tropical weather. Enjoy exciting times such as Weston's Annual 4th of July Parade and Celebration!

Drive through Royal Palm Boulevard, the city's Main Boulevard discovering the stunning Weston Hills Country Club with Weston Hills Championship Golf Courses with glimmering lake views passing you on one side of the thoroughfare sharing the scenery with the presence of tall Majestic Royal Palms lining the inner roadways and bountiful ficus trees with their stunning array of striking roots layering the outer roadways, glittering lakes are along sidewith flowing fountains, meticulous landscaped lawns and shrubbery, and green lush topiary surrounding you, as well as golf carts noticeably nearby. The Weston neighborhoods can vary from guarded gated communities, gated communities to communities in well developed neighborhoods. Weston neighbors I-75, 595, and the Sawgrass Expressway, making easy highway access in all directions.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR, CDPE http://about.me/HomesForSale_SusanJPennPA
EWM Realtors® | A HomeServices of America Company | An Affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
2000 Main Street, Suite 103 | Weston, FL 33326
T: 954.306.7337 | C: 954.557.5993 | F: 954.515.0200 | penn.s@ewm.com | http://www.ewm.com
Dear J.O.,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. There were many reasons we ended up in Jupiter to raise our daughter. The best place I can point you for a brief introduction is this article about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/2352/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Check out the Fort Myers are on the west coast. We have a great school system, even a couple of state colleges ans a university. Lots of activities for the whole family. More laid back than the east coast. I would be happy to answer any questions. Call me at 239-560-4159
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
You can pick the school then work with me to find a place to live in that schools boundaries. Go to http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/schoolboundaries/Maps/Schools.shtml for public schools. Taxes are based on the tax rates, most of them are similar in broward county. If you go with private schools then you can just pick nice communities to live in.

Rodney Mackenberg
954.494.6505
Riverview Realty, Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012