Home Buying in Studio City>Question Details

Mari220, Home Buyer in South Florida, FL

Where is a good place to invest 100k in Southern California? I currently live in Studio City and everything around here is still very expensive.

Asked by Mari220, South Florida, FL Fri Jan 21, 2011

At first I was looking only for single family home, but I will now consider condo with LOW HOA fees. HOA's are a nightmare and I rather not deal with them. I was going to invest in Florida but because I live in California I am trying to find some deals here, plus it would be easier to manage. I was willing to put down 80k and possibly take out a loan for a condo around 200k in the Sherman Oaks, Valley Village, Studio City, Noho area. I'm spending 1680 on rent now, so it would of course make sense to buy a 2bdrm, get a roomate and make my money work for me a bit. I have a feeling prices are still dropping in California, what do you guys think?

Answers

6
I think in Los Angeles county - only Palmdale/Lancaster may have reasonable properties in the $100k range. Also Riverside county and San Bernardino will have plenty of houses in that price range.

I personally dont deal with properties of this caliber, however i can recommend you a few of my agents.

Please feel free to call me 424-777-9377 - i'll be happy to help you out.

Thank you for your time.

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855) ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov

President - Realtor®
- Trust Sale Realty -

Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com
Lic# 01896869
You want to live in the condo, and get a roommate, so that will limit where you want to purchase based on how far you are willing to commute from the place you currently work/live/want to stay. I'm assuming you have reasons you want to stay in Studio City. I don't blame you - it's a very cool place to be. My husband and I also own a martial arts school on Ventura,(Studio CIty Martial Arts) and we enjoy being in hub of everything that is happening there. I would suggest looking towards Valley Village, Valley Glen, the NoHo arts district, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Lake Balboa. Going further North than Burbank will dramatically change your lifestyle experience. These areas will fetch a price a little more reasonable than Studio City/Sherman Oaks price tags, but will put you in a "reasonable" driving distance from the shining star of the Valley.

Good luck to you!
Prices are only going UP. Simple supply and demand. Inventory is low, prices go up--Inventory is high prices go down. With REO's starting to dwindle down it looks like the market is starting to stablize if not recover VERY quickly. Every property a qualified buyer puts an offer on is usually in competetion with 15 other buyers. You CAN find a nice property for under 200k in the valley but it's most likely a condo. The days of finding great deals on the market are OVER. (unless you find a good short sale) but that's a whole different ball game and requires patience, A LOT of patience. Regardless, I do think that you can buy a condo/home and pay less than what you are payng now in rent.
Hello Home Buyer,

Feel free to call me at 818-447-1024 so I can assist you with your buying needs.

I understand you are interested in purchasing a place near Studio City to manage the property better and possibly live in the property yourself. I have currently seen HOA fees under $200 a mo. around this price range in areas of Tarzana, Glendale, Panorama City, Lake Balboa, North Hollywood and Reseda. Purchasing at this price range in Sherman Oaks, Studio City and Valley Village would be unlikely. As the prices and then interest rates are very low, buying now is a great opportunity even as an investment. Hope this helps.

JoAnna Selby
Prudential California Realty ~
13103 Ventura Blvd., Suite A
Studio City, CA 91604
818.447.1024 Direct
818.985.1690 Fax
JoAnna@VenturaBlvdRealty.com http://www.VenturaBlvdRealty.com
DRE#01894146
The Antelope Valley specifically Palmdale and Lancaster have many homes that may work for you.
Dear Mari,

Have you considered the Antelope Valley, Palmdale or Lancaster? I just sold two homes there and could not believe the amount of quality homes available for such an affordable price. If you considering purchasing homes for investments, it is certainly an area worth the effort.

Diane Wheatley, Broker
diane@moveupproperties.com