Home Buying in Sacramento>Question Details

witchywillow…, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Where is a good place in Sac up to $200K?

Asked by witchywillow17, Sacramento, CA Fri Mar 14, 2014

Answers

14
Meghan Michels’ answer
$200k is absolutely enough to find a home in the area you are looking for within 30 miles from Capitol Mall. I would love to discuss the ideas I have with you. Please e-mail me or give me a call!

Meghan Michels, REALTORĀ®
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
9250 Laguna Springs Dr Ste 205
Elk Grove, CA 95758
CalBRE# 01945361
Direct: (916) 895-3144
meghan.michels@cbnorcal.com
meghansellssacramento.com
I advise my clients to divide their wish list into "must haves" and "would be nice to have". This goes for neighborhoods as well. Are you looking for a half-plex, condo, or single family home? Would you consider something other than a single family home if it meant you could live in your desired neighborhood? Make that list, talk to a lender, and then find an agent who will walk with you through this journey to home ownership.
There are about 540 homes for sale under $200k in Sacramento County so you definitely have some options. You may want to consider what's important to you in a house or a location. Are you concerned about the quality of nearby schools? Do you want to be close to work? Would you only consider a home with at least 3 bedrooms and/or 2 bathrooms? etc. If you like, you can send me a message with your search criteria and I can see what areas are available. Have a great day.

Jason Walter
REALTORĀ® - lic #01923240
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - lic #103885
Good place is a relative term. Something I would consider that no one so far has suggested is that you consider buying a 2 house on 1 lot or duplex. I think if you consider doing that you would then be able to increase your budget because you would rent one and live in the other. I have seen one of these lately on Clinton in Sacramento priced at 219K and then of course they can go much higher depending on what you need. I specialize in locating these kinds of properties for buyers. It is an option and another way to look at your budget. I wish you happy house hunting.
Witchy, What did you mean by 5 year property? Did you mean you plan to hold it for five years? That is what I thought you meant. It made sense to me that way.

Others thought you meant five years old or newer. - the question makes little sense if you were asking for a property that is five years old or newer for under $200K., since you probably would not find that in Sacramento
Oh... yeah. I meant that it would be a good place for the next 5 years. I don't mind an older home at all. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Flag Tue Mar 18, 2014
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Take a look at my posting today for the EEM mortgage. It will be
difficult to find a newer home in Sacramento County under 5
yrs old but the EEM (Energy Efficient Mortgage) could be a
very good option for you.
Hello

There are several different locations in the Sacramento area that have homes up to $200k. Are you new to the area? I would suggest doing a search and then driving around the areas to get an idea of the neighborhoods.

I ran a search for homes for sale in Sacramento County for under $200k and built in 2009 or later. Only 1 property is available and that's in Rancho Cordova. Unfortunately, that property backs up to highway 50. If your budget won't allow for more than $200k then you may want to consider buying a home that is older than 5 years old. For instance, if I changed the search to include homes built in 2000 or later, there are 15 options.
I would be more than happy to help you. I am guessing that you do not have a real estate agent? Just send me an email if you have any further questions.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
What are some of your needs on this next purchase? Any medical needs that require you too be near by medical care? Does your work cause a need to be with in a certain distance to your home? Let us know some more details so we can better serve your needs.
BRE#01324382
eddie.teamhybridre.net
remaxeddie@gmail.com
North Sacramento is about 10 minutes away from downtown Sacramento with much lower prices. Look at the 95815 and 95838 zip codes. Do you want it vacant to owner occupy or do you want a rental with a steady tenant in place? I personally have 5 under $200K to choose from along with everything on the MLS.
I would encourage you to find an agent you trust, to represent you in your search for a home. Each one of my clients has unique needs and requirements, whether it be schools, proximity to transportation or whatever.
$200k will definitely limit the areas you can buy in, but there are still many options, especially if you will consider condos. You can contact me at 916-529-3707 if you need help finding a home.
Here's some additional information since the character limit wouldn't let me:
Limited to a max of $200K
Needs: safe, good 5 yr property, no HOA, around a max of 30 minutes away from Capitol Mall area
I agree with Both Elizabeth and Jo. But if you are willing to change your parameters have you thought about a renovated older home. And, depending upon your income, you may qualify for Cal Home assistance which would expand your buying power a bit. Look for a lender that has experience with that kind of loan program to see if you qualify. Good luck - I believe what you want to accomplish is possible in our area. Take care.
Flag Sat Mar 15, 2014
The problem you're facing is there are only 4 properties in the Sacramento area that meet your specifications (under $200K and built in 2007 or later). One is located in Rancho Cordova, two homes are in north Sacramento, 95815, and one home is located in 95820 near Oak Park. Your best bet is to look at those homes or consider condominiums, which would carry an HOA, or change your parameters.
Flag Sat Mar 15, 2014