Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Staceyalv, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Where is a good gated community in southern california?

Asked by Staceyalv, Los Angeles, CA Sun Sep 23, 2012

Answers

14
1.The Brentwood Country Estates in the Santa Monica Mountains
2.The Oaks is a guard gated luxury community in Calabasas, CA.
3 Bel Air Crest is a guard gated luxury community in Bel Air, CA.
From what I have read, people really are just naming good communities/ cities. There are only 5 gated communities in ca. I don't know them all. One of them is Canyon Lake which is near Lake Elsinore, Temecula, Corona, Menifee, etc. I know there are a few in LA, but California is the most populated state, so it has a lot of traffic. LA being one of the most well known cities has horrible traffic. Basically anywhere in south ca you go there will be traffic. I prefer Canyon Lake. It is really good, and if you do not like nosy neighbors, then you are in luck because CL is a very quiet community. It is also a place where a bunch of famous people spend vacation because it is like a paradise, just without everyone in your face.
The best gated communities in Southern California - Los Angeles are in Beverly Hills, the Hollywood Hills, San Marino, Sierra Madre, Palos Verdes, Rancho Palos Verdes, Malibu, and the Pacific Palisades. There are also a number of gated communities in Orange County, but Los Angeles is better in my opinion.

The community you choose should be based on a number of different factors: work location, nearby entertainment options, proximity to the ocean / mountains, home budget.

If you want more information, please feel free to contact me as I am an expert on the Los Angeles market.

I would appreciate it if you picked my answer as the "best" :)

-William
310-256-3729
DRE #01903501
GoldenLandInc.com
Golden Land Investments & Financial, Inc.
So Cal has many great gated communities.

Being that So cal is so large, you should decide on what city you prefer and conatct a local agent, they will be able to guide you all the way.

Best of Success to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
A great community with easy access and wide open spaces is Bradbury.
I recommend you contact, Shannon Chang at 626-319-8545 she is great to work with and really knows the area.
There are many gated community in Los Angeles area , let me know how I can help you .
Please send email , I can help find what you are looking for.
Ellie Salemnia
Elahehsal@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
There are gated communities in the San Fernando Valley and adjacent that have excellent school districts. I would be happy to show you around.

Janey Bishop
Rodeo Realty/The Signature Team
HomesforSaleCalabasasCA.com
(818)570-1144
Oh I do not have to be in the city everyday but would like to not have such a long commute time? An hour at the most would be okay.
Thank you all for responding, after our preliminary research we know that having acreage is probably out although we would still like to have at least 1 acre but it seems as though we need to travel to the areas before we even consider a home. I was really needing to narrow down the search areas. We are aware that our current living style would not equally translate to LA but I really wanted to try to maintain the same quality of life for the kids. As for the seven figures yes we were aware although we're trying to stay under $850k I will do more research and try to filter our search areas. Thank you all!
For large (one acre) or more you might want to look at Santa Clarita area. Victorville also has large property. Take a look at both :)
Good luck to you!
Flag Sun Sep 30, 2012
Well, I was thinking of this terrific gated Bel Air community. But there will be some financial translation shock from Texas. Are you open to 7 figures? Since you mention "near" Los Angeles, I know of an area with several-acre ranches about 1-2 hours outside, if you don't need to be in LA daily. Many things to consider. You're right to start a discussion of what's important to you.
There are many good gated communities in So. California!

Please contact me direct so I can show you some properties !

Hope this info will help you! 

Please contact me anytime! 

______________________________ 
Free Consultation 424-777-9377 

Help with any Real Estate Transaction Buy & Sell! 

Thank you for your time. 

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
_______________________________ 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com 
Stacey, there are certain things we can and cannot say, as Realtors. If you email me I can send you the available properties in areas that I like, that you may like, too. Thanks, Brian
bbyhower@remaxpv.com
Hi thanks for answering we r relocating from TX and do not know anyone in California. Really not to sound like a typical Texan, but we currently have 5 acres a 3700 sq ft home extremely low crime and in agated community. We do not expect the same type of home, but all we know is that we need to live near Los Angeles and would rather buy than rent. Credit score is great down payment would be dependent on total cost of closing, property taxes, and of course home cost including any repairs if needed.
There are great communities throughout Southern California. This is a question you need to answer for yourself. Ask friends and relatives what they think of the communities they live in. Go online and check out city websites and crime reports. The bottom line is, we don't know what your idea of a good gated community is and we must remain unbiased with our opinions. Get out there and do your homework.