Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

hjackson, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

Where is Naples?

Asked by hjackson, Naples, FL Tue Sep 11, 2012

As one searching for a home in Naples, I'm really confused by all of the Realtor-speak on here. It sounds like everything in Collier County is in Naples. Are the City of Naples and Collier County merged as one unit like Jacksonville and Duval County?

It seems misleading when I hear that Audubon Country Club, Valencia Golf & Country Club, and Fiddler's Creek are all in the same City. Either Naples is the biggest city in Florida or a lot of realtors are blowing smoke and many people that were sold on a "Naples" address in the Collier boonies were misled.

I want to be aware of Naples/Collier County... just because the Post Office lists a ZIP code as "X Town" doesn't actually mean a property is in "X Town." This is especially important as traffic sounds like a really big deal during "Season" and with more retirees it's going to get worse. I don't want a 20 mile from a tract development to Naples to see the Pier, 5th Ave, Beach, etc to stretch from "20 minutes" to a more realistic hour .

Answers

11
Tom B. Puckett, IV’s answer

If you are from Jacksonville, I can explain it like this, The City of Naples in relation to the far outlying developments you mention is like San Marco or Ortega in relation to developments on the Northside and the Westside.

Although much of Collier County technically has a Naples address, the City of Naples is small, about 12,000 population. You do pay an extra 1.18 mill to live in the City, but the services provided are well worth it. Perfectly manicured landscaping, beach maintenance and security, concierge waste pick up (no need to bring your cans to the curb). With multiple homes in the 34102 zip code selling for over 40 million dollars, the City serves a very elite clientele.

Living in the City is a true luxury as you can walk or bike to beaches and shopping. No need to drive miles and wait in bumper to bumper traffic. Many residents own golf carts or scooters and use them for day to day transportation around the neighborhoods.

If you prefer a gated community, there are many of those outside the City but still relatively close to amenities. I would be happy to assist you in your search. You can Contact me at 239-263-7777
With the exception of a few areas; Barefoot Beach, parts of Bonita Shores and Mediterra the area called Naples is the land that stretches approximately 15 miles North and South and approximately 20 miles west of the Gulf of Mexico. All the areas within the perimeters I just described have a Naples, FL post office address.

The City of Naples is the area from Port Royal North to Pine Ridge Road and West from the Gulf of Mexico to Goodlette-Frank Road between Golden Gate Parkway and the Riverwalk area. Those happy homeowners get to pay City of Naples taxes plus Collier County taxes. This area is distinguished with yellow highlights on the Naples Board of REALTOR® map. Would you like me to send you a map?

“The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker.” As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR® News.

There is no extra/hidden cost for you to obtain my Exclusive Buyer Broker services, other firms may have fees. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker can negotiate for the lowest price and best terms for the buyer. When you work with an Exclusive Buyer Broker, the brokerage firm does not list any homes, there is never a conflict of interest in your transaction. The State of Florida assumes that all buyers know all agents are transactions brokers who do not represent anyone one in the transaction and that the agents have very limited if any liability in the transaction. Unless, an agent or broker tells you they will represent you exclusively the agent is not required to disclose to you that they are a transaction agent or broker.

On my informative homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com you will learn about:

Beverly Howe, CIPS, ABR, GRI, TRC
Florida Buyer Broker
Owner – Exclusive Buyer Broker
1031 Exchange Specialist
Certified International Property Specialist
Accredited Buyer’s Representative
Graduate of the REALTOR® Institute
Transnational Referral Certification
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
Local Direct: 239-601-2013
Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393
Cell phone: 239-269-2766
Question answered on 9/11...City of Naples is an incorporated city and is surrounded by the unincorporated area know as Naples which is governed by an elected board of commissioners, who each represent an area of Naples...but it is one large county! Since I arrived in the early 90s, the areas of Naples are now referred, casually, as North Naples, East Naples and South Naples. No West as that's the GOM. Marco Island is an incorporated area, so is Immokalee...trust this answers your question. If not call me...KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601. (10/1/12)
As a Native of Naples, There is the City of Naples which is just 4 square miles and includes Old Naples,Aqualane, Port Royal,Royal Harbor, Coquina Sands, Lake Park,Moorings,Park Shore.

It ends at Seagate Drive on the North, Port Royal on the South and Airport Road on the East and of course the Gulf of Mexico on the West.

Collier County includes other areas that are NOT in the City of Naples, such as Pelican Bay, Pelican Marsh, North Naples, East Naples, Marco Island, Golden Gate and Immokolee. Here is a link to a map: http://www.rookerybay.org/pdfs/CityLimitsMap.pdf

The City of Naples has special amenities for it's residents such as free beach passes available to residents of the City only and exceptional maintenance of the area. City residents do pay an extra property tax for the privilege of living there but in my opinion this is the REAL Naples. You are close to everything, including the famous Fifth Av and Third street shopping and the Gulf of Mexico. Contact me if you would like to explore your options in the City of Naples. Tom, 239-263-7777
Naples covers a large percentage of Collier County and is an unincorporated area. March Island, Everglades City, Old Naples and Immokalee are separate unto themselves; otherwise, it's all Naples with a Naples mailing address, but different zip codes. Most of Naples from the shore of the Gulf of Mexico eastward for 10-15 miles is almost fully developed, however, there are pockets left to be developed. Most noteworthy as the largest parcel is south of US 41 east off Bayshore road, which was sidelined during the depression. It will be a massive development when finished and the last large parcel before the GOM. Most development will occurr outside or east of I-75. Golden Gate Estates is the largest subdivision ...think in the USA. When you get further east you are in the Everglades, where development is extremely limited or Indian owned. Oh! I forgot the new town of Ave Maria, where the University is located.
Call me if you want more info KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601. (9/11)
Dear Frustrated Hjackson:
Yes it is confusing when you do not know the area. However, generally speaking Collier County expands all the way out of Naples to Immokalee City, which is North East of Naples approx. 45 to 50 minutes to the Delnor Wiggins pass beach. If you do not want a 20 minute drive to the beach during season, I would suggest you consider Naples Park, Willoughby acres or Palm River Estates. If you prefer to be even closer or within 10 minutes to downtown, prices relative to the location. This information is dependent on your needs regarding what type of home or condo you want and the needs of your family.
If you are searching for a realtor who will cut to the chase and tell it like it is, I would be happy to assist you as a buyers agent. Look me up on Zillow.com/professionals for testimonials.
Most Sincerely,
Claudette Looker
239-601-6088
H Jackson the post office tells us what is a Naples Address and a lot of Collier county has a Naples address. The city of Naples is a lot smaller that haveing a Naples address. Many of finer addresses are in the county with a Naples address. Pelican Bay is its own governmental unit and is not part of Naples yet it has Naples address. I can help you to find a home which is either in the city or just outside of the city where it will only take a few minutes to get to pier or downtown. Call me at 239-825-5217
You already have a number of answers, but the number one answer that no one has mentioned is that Naples is in Paradise! Sorry, just had to say that. Yes, almost all of Collier Co. is a Naples address. A small portion of Bonita Springs on and around Barefoot Beach is also Collier Co., as well as part of Mediterra and Vasarri, so it can be very confusing.

Your best bet is to state your interests - are you more interested in being close to beaches, golf, shopping, dining, Fifth Avenue? And then any of us can recommend the best communities to meet your criteria.

Good luck and if you'd like to just pick someone's brain about it, I'm happy to share whatever I can to help you with this confusion. Thanks for your question. We sometimes forget how confusing the "Realtor-speak" can be to someone new to the area.
Hi there,

Great question! Pretty much all of Collier County has the Naples address, with a few exceptions. There are actually parts of Lee Country that have Naples as the city as well. What Scott said below is right. You probably want to just want to make sure you are as close to 5th Ave / 3rd St. as possible, which is generally what people think of as downtown Naples. Naples is a city as well and here is a little marketing map the goverment put together. http://napgis.naplesgov.com/napleswalkingmap/. It is basically a much much small area than the whole county.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to help.

Thanks!

Jason Dolle
239.850.8232
Naples consists of Olde Naples, North Naples, Golden Gate, Vanderbilt Beach, East Naples, Port Royal.....too name a few. Where do you want to be? What are your ultimate needs? Message me and I can help.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
hjackson,

What your looking of is someone to give you a radius you need to look in to be the correct distance/time from the amenities and areas of town you want. The city of Naples by legal aspect is small, but Naples is the major city in Collier county and most properties carry a Naples address. If you need help please feel free to contact me, I have lived in "Naples" for close to 30 years and can shed a lot of light on the area.

Scott Riddle
Premiere Plus Realty
239 289 1849