Home Buying in Duanesburg>Question Details

gil.vega64, Home Buyer in Bayonne, NJ

Where is Duanesburg located? it's too far from NYC? How can I go there? is this Upstate Ny?

Asked by gil.vega64, Bayonne, NJ Fri Jul 5, 2013

Answers

3
Duanesburg is a great, small community just 35 minutes West of Albany. Routes 20, 30 and 7 all run through it as well as easy access to route 88 in which you can pick up the throughway. It is a three hour drive to NYC but I do know that there are train routes in Schenectady (40 min ) that you might be able to pick up if you want.
Duanesburg also has a great school system , a community center with pool, several churches, friendly people , a Hannaford grocery store and many other perks with small town living.
Check out the Duanesburg/Delanson web page.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Gil,
Duanesburg is very close to the Schenectady/Rotterdam area and I have a wonderful listing at 2041 Duanesburg Churches Road! I also know the area well....
If you are thinking about visiting, Buying or just want to know anything about this area... Give me a call, Text or email.
Here is my Cell Phone 518-649-2507 ( call or text )
My email address is dennis.evans@coldwellbankerprime.com

In any case... this area is very nice.... Let me know if I can help in any way....
As far as NY goes.... Its very easy to get to and can be done in about 3 hours.....
Hi Gil,

If you use googlemaps, you'll find Duanesburg quite easily. Duanesburg is located just west of Schenectady-- about 30 mins from Albany.

Saying something is "too far" from NYC is a bit subjective. It's about 3 hours from NYC give or take depending on where you are starting and where you are going. It's certainly not too far for a weekend visit, but probably further than anyone would want to commute.

"Upstate New York" is also a subjective term. I think everyone would consider Duanesburg part of Upstate, but no one really knows where "Upstate" starts. Some people say it's as far south as Westchester, some people would say it's the Hudson Valley, etc.

Hope this helps!
~Tori
Thank you, so much! very clear and specific, I am looking for a quiet place to invest for my family, but my wife and I still working in NYC, so isn't easy to travel from that distance every day.
Flag Fri Jul 5, 2013