George, Home Buyer in Saint Augustine, FL

Where in St. Augustine do young professionals live?

Asked by George, Saint Augustine, FL Sat May 19, 2012

Answers

6
The young professionals in St. Augustine are spread all throughout the city. Anastasia Island is the most desirable place in my opinion. Specifically, between Publix and the pier on A1A is where I would recommend. I also like Davis Shores because of its proximity to the beach and downtown. Both of these areas are also in the R.B. Hunt school zone which is a huge plus. Let me know if you have any other questions.

David Kfoury, REALTOR
Endless Summer Realty
904-347-3559
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 5, 2012
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
Hey George,
It depends what each person is looking for. St Augustine is spread out and offers a wide array of neighborhoods to offer for each individual. If you like newer developements with amenities you may want to look towards NE St Augustine, in the Palencia area or westward towards the developements of World Gold Village. Some like to be near the center of town in downtown St Augustine where you would find hand fulls of restaurants, lounges and places to mingle. Beach living is offered as well which in my opinion is probably most common around here. Anastasia Island, Crescent Beach, and Vilano Beach are all great places to live near the beach and other young professionals. I really like to check out http://www.walkscore.com for more information on demographics, how walkable an area or neighborhood is and it also points out where the nearest places for coffee, dining, or working out would be among tons of other pin points that would be of interest!

Contact me for any additional info! Thanks and have a great day
Micaela Barrancotto, REALTOR
Sunshine Realty & Appraisal Services, LLC
9045400183
Hey George,

They live wherever their hobbies take them. I have friends who live in SW St. Augustine because they love to golf and there is a fairly inexpensive golf course across the street. Other friends live downtown because they love art tours during the day and live music right down the street during the night. I chose Anastasia Island because I'm drawn to the ocean and I love walking out my front door with my dog and being right on the beach. What are your interests? Answer that and we can find you the perfect home in the perfect part of town~ Let me know if I can help.

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115
http://www.Realty2Reality.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
On Anastasia Island- Cute bungalows and cottages. Or downtown olde town off San Marco.
Young professionals live throughout St. Augustine and St. Johns County. Make a list of the things you most want from your home and neighborhood and you can use the list to narrow down your areas to search. Figure out your price point by getting prequalified or preapproved for a loan and that will further help narrow areas for you. Think about what activities you enjoy, what areas of town you will most want to frequent, or where your friends might already be. With those items in mind, your realtor should be able to point you in the right direction towards the lifestyle you want with your home. If you need help with anything from thinking things through to finding your home, please feel free to give me a call, text, email or visit my website. Karen Peil, Prudential Network Realty, 904-501-3070, http://www.MyStAugustineHome.com, karen.peil@prunet.com