Home Buying in Roeland Park>Question Details

mathewhoelti…, Home Buyer in Annapolis, MD

Where does the line get drawn as far as when the sellers are obligated to sell the house to the buyer?

Asked by mathewhoelting, Annapolis, MD Wed Jun 12, 2013

My fiance and I recently, on Monday evening, put in an offer on a home. So we put in the offer, offer gets accepted Tuesday afternoon. My real estate agent called me this morning, Wednesday, saying the sellers decided to go with another offer.

Answers

1
Real estate agreements must be in writing and agreed to and signed by both parties... In the case of a purchase transaction, it would require a fully executed (signed by all parties involved) sales contract.

To avoid this issue in the future, once your offer is verbally accepted, request for a copy of the agreement in writing... It might not have helped in this instance, it sounds like the sellers were flaky and got a higher offer last-minute...

Good things happen to good people so go out there and find yourselves another great home!!!

Good luck in your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013