Home Buying in Edmond>Question Details

Maureen, Home Buyer in Edmond, OK

Where does one get a buyers agent representative?

Asked by Maureen, Edmond, OK Mon Oct 24, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Jeff York’s answer
Very good Maureen. We don't have 'agency' in Oklahoma, we have brokerage relationships. Our equivilent to a buyer's agency agreement is a Single Party Brokerage Agreement. It is an attachment to a Buyer Brokerage Agreement and provides for a number of things, the most important to you being that the broker will work for the benefit for whom the broker is providing services. One thing to watch for is that a broker cannot act in a single party capacity on both sides of a transaction so you may be asked to 'consent to chage'. I would recommend that you select the 'do not consent to change' option.

By using this option as a buyer the associate has a fudiciary responsibility to you and only you. The associate is bound to act in your interest. You will not have to ask for area CMA's to be done for you, the associate will need to provide that to you to try to get you the best price. If there is vacant land nearby they may also try to determine what the future use of that land may be as it may affect the future value of your property. Choose an agent who specializes in buyers, like me. I do not take listings, those are the responsibility of my listing specialist. An ABR, Acredited Buyers Representative, designation is the sign a Realtor has gone through special training in working with buyers.

A buyers representative should have excellent negotiation skills and extensive knowledge of the area that you are interested in. A simple set of questions that you make up like 'What is the most important thing in a negotiation' and 'Tell me about my loan options, approximate interest rates, and some information on the market in the area I am wanting to buy in.'. If home quality is important look for an RCC, Residential Construction Certified, certification. There are about 6 foundation types currently in use in the OKC area. They should be able to identify them and tell you the pluses and miuses of each type as well as plumbing and framing types. Questions like this will help you decide on a representative as you interview associates.

A buyers representative should bring a great deal of value to the table and I applaude your decision.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
Hello Maureen
My Name is Paul Lloyd, I am a Relator with Keller Wiliams-Edmond.
I would be thrilled to help you find your new home. 1st we will set you up a search for properties that meet your criteria they will be emailed to you, then when you have selected one or more to go look at we will schedule the viewing. It can be a pretty simple process when done correctly.
I look forward to hearing from you
Thank You for your consideration
Paul Lloyd
Keller Williams
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
Simple call the local Real Estate offices in the area that you want to live, i.e. The Village, Edmond, .... and interview more than one agent.

Ask them about their;
1. neigotiations skills,
2. how they read the CMA's to come up w/Market Price (for your offer) and
3. what their schedules are for the best time to view properties.

You want to make sure your agent is someone you trust and knows what they are doing, not just yaaahoooo that dresses nice and knows where the most expensive place to have lunch is at.

I hope this gives you some real insight on how to locate a buyer's realtor.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
Hi Maureen:
I specialize in my ability to help first time buyers in finding their first home or previous owners and I do my best to make the process as easy as possible: I can get you with a mortgage co. that will also make the buying process easy for you: If you are looking in Edmond, I live in Edmond my self and know the city very well, I also have great knowledge of all the communities in and around the Oklahoma City area:
One of the things I try to do is get you in your new home with the minimal amount of money out of your pocket, In most cases I can get the seller to pay your closing cost so all you will have to pay is a minimum of 3 1/2 % down payment:
If you will call or email me I will talk with you to find out your needs and wants then I will send you homes to view to your email and when you find one you want to see then we will go look at it, or as many as you want to see:
Give Me A Call
Thank You
John Phillips
Re/Max Preferred Properties
405 413 0791
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
can you email me at athenabrown_exit@yahoo.com
I can refer you to an agent in edmond.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011

In the state of Oklahoma, any real estate licensee can represent a buyer in a real estate transaction. A few real estate professionals specialize in doing only buyer representation (no seller representation).

I specialize in both types of representation with a strong commitment to providing the very best market knowledge, experience, expertise, and personal attention that saves my clients time and money and makes the process easier.

Call, text or email me any time at 405-306-7770 or SherinePrice@gmail.com

Warm Regards,
Sherine Price
Metro First Realty
For more info and to search all MLS listings with full details, photos, and virtual tours go to:
Web Reference: http://www.GroovyOKC.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
HI Maureen, I too can help you in finding you Dream Home.....more importantly I'll be with you through every step in the process! :) Please check out my website with loads of eductional information in the left hand margin aimed specifically for Buyers and New Buyers. http://www.billhaydenrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
Maureen, you're in luck. I specialize in both buyer representation and in the Edmond market. Feel free to call or text me at 405-259-6565 or email me at ryan@showmeokc.com so I can answer any questions and concerns you have about the process. You can also find out more about me here: http://www.showmeokc.com/about-me
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
I can recommend an extremely wonderful buyers agent. Her name is Haleigh Kratschmann and she is exactly what I said... wonderful. If I were buying a home I would ask Haleigh to help me. Her is her contact information:

Haleigh Kratschmann
Keller Williams
(405) 370-6096
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer