Home Buying in Titusville>Question Details

Sherry, Home Buyer in Knoxville, TN

Where do you recommend that empty-nesters buy a home for retirement in Titusville?

Asked by Sherry, Knoxville, TN Mon Jan 2, 2012

Will not live in home permanently for about 5 years
Do not want to spend more than $150,000.
Want 1 level or at least one bedroom on the first floor
Do not want high hoa fees

Answers

5
There are a number of communities in Titusville that could fit the bill just about perfectly! As a Senior myself, I know that our location is fantastic for seniors. Here are a few thi ngs to keep in mind:
#1. The Space Center was built here because of the lowest incidence of direct hit Hurricanes in the 100 year storm history. We also do not get as hot in the summer or cold in the winter as Central Fla.
#2. Low traffic area with well lighted streets. I have not had an accident since I moved here in 1965. #3. Titusvlle is the lowest population base for the 70+ miles long Brevard County. I love it because IF I want to do major shopping I can go to Orlando or Viera but do not have to live in that congestion which requires heavy population to support it.
#4. Great medical systems in most of Brevard. I recently personally experienced the awesome care available first hand.
#5. For Military retirees, Patrick AFB is just a few miles south. A lot of military retires live in N. Brevard as well as their extended families.
#6. It is a great, safe place to live regardless of age. Young families may be your tenants until you are ready to move down permanently.
#7. Prices are usually a bit lower in this end of Bevard. And I became aware while staying in Melbourne during my recovery, that utilities and gae are higher there than in Titusville.
So these are 7 good reasons to consider Titusville/North Brevard for your retirement home. If I can answer any specific question or help you find that home my cell is 321-537-4721.
You could buy my townhouse (quick sale, FSBO) for $48,000 and have money for another! :-) Rent it in the meantime. (Others rent for about $700/mo.)

1 mile to the intercoastal waterway, 6 miles to the National Seashore -- beautiful serene, rare undeveloped beach. Drive there is all protected wildlife sanctuary. Nature at its best.

If you are a pilot, fly in (low-traffic recreational airport) and walk home!

* http://americathegreen.org/TownhouseForSale/index.htm
Titusville is a great place to retire especially since its a buyers market right now!! There are several condo's to choose from and I can help you find what is right for you. You can reach me directly at 321-289-8881. Looking forward to working with you!!
Of course I'm http://www.SoldOnTampa.com so I think you should consider other areas besides TItuville!

You can find a nice Villa in Tampa in your price range without expensive HOA and Community Development District Taxes.

Alma
Alma Kee
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
Empty nesters or as we call them DINK'S (dual income no kids) Should visit Virginia Beach Virginia as a potential retirement location. If buying now and renting it for 5 years its even a better choice as it is a strong rental market. View potential properties at. http://www.chooseahomenow.com