nicolepmiles, Home Buyer in Salt Lake City, UT

Where do we start with Good Neighbor Next Door? Is there any other similar programs we should look into?

Asked by nicolepmiles, Salt Lake City, UT Mon Sep 17, 2012

My husband is a granite schools employee and we are looking into the possibility of the Good Neighbor Next Door program. We really have no idea where to start on the whole home buying process, but would like to start researching at least. Any suggestions? I also read somewhere about non-profits that buy and fix up HUD homes and then sell them at a similar discount as GNND. Anyone know anything about that?

Answers

2
The Good Neighbor Next Door is a HUD program (US Department of Housing and Urban Development).

The HUD web site offers good information about the different HUD programs and specifically about GNND. The web site is http://www.hudhomestore.com.

This website will provide you a list of available properties offered through HUD. NOT ALL PROPERTIES QUALIFY for the GNND program. You will need to click on the link on the left hand dialog box Good Neighbor Next Door so the map on the right will indicate what properties are available in the desired state, in this case UTAH. A "dark blue" color on the map indicated available properties.

Click on the map and the list of available properties will be provided. The list of available properties changes daily so check back often. Some days there will be no properties available and other days there will be several.

Today there are two properties that qualify for the GNND program. In order to place an offer you need to have a HUD registered agent and brokerage. Individuals are not able to submit offers on their own. The HUD has a specific contract they want you to use and review with potential buyers. The contract is available on their website for review.

From this point it moves through similar to a regular transaction. For more information please give me a call or send an email. I will be happy to sit down and go over an example. This is a great program for those that qualify, if the available properties meet your buying requirements.

Regards
Kevin Nielsen
knapwork@gmail.com
801-573-0986
Providing Solutions One Home at a Time
Yes I do I have closed a few of them. To serve and do justice to your question I would recommend if you are open to sitting down with me one on one. I do a first time home buyers consultation that will cover all your questions and concerns. There is no cost or obligation just 30 minutes of your time. They are a long process mostly in waiting for the right property. There are not that many that come on the market. You can go to the HUD home store to look them up.
I would be happy to help you.
Monica cook
801.792.6434
http://Www.saltlakecityhomeinfo.com