Home Buying in Omaha>Question Details

ozcollecter, Renter in Omaha, NE

Where do we start, we are looking to buy and we would be first time buyers. What are the benefits and where do we begin?

Asked by ozcollecter, Omaha, NE Wed Jun 25, 2014

Answers

6
Hi! Welcome to Omaha. My husband and I are relocating out of state due to a job change and are so sad to leave behind our home and especially our cul-de-sac and neighborhood. We have absolutely LOVED living in this location. Wonderful families surround us, the schools are top notch and so close to shopping and the Dodge expressway! Its a perfect place to raise kids. Our house is for sale if you'd like to take a look. Honestly, you won't find better neighbors than ours! We are all friends and sometimes have potlucks and bonfires in the circle! 17415 Grant Circle
Hi There!

My name is Amanda Sway and I work at BHHS Ambassador here in Omaha. There are a lot a benefits to owning a home. I would love to answer any of those questions for you as well explain how you can have a real estate agent represent your interests for free. Please feel free to give me a call should you have any questions- 402-403-9196.

I look forward to your phone call!

Amanda Sway
Briley Homes.
First time buyers you would get some sort of a tax- deduction. I would start to look at houses in West Omaha. It is a great area. South of West center, north of Q from 180th all the way to 204. In that area there are nice houses. After you find a house you like I would contact the realtor for that house.
When you want to buy a home the best place to start is to hire an EXCLUSIVE Buyer Agent, not just a Buyer's Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Contact http://www.naeba.org for a referral in your area.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home and get a mortgage without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com
Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore begin by visiting with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with, he/she will be your best guide...
The best place to begin is to find a local Realtor who can assist you. If you dont have a referral from any family or friends, you can check the "Find an Agent" tab on the top of the page on Trulia. There you will be able to search Agents in your area and read their profiles. You will also want to contact a local lender who can guide you through the pre-approval process. This is a very important step that will point you in the right direction for your budget.

Hope this helps, best of luck to you!!