Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

SoCal Prefer…, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

Where do homeowners go to find quality contractors? Google? Online directories? Yelp? Friends house?

Asked by SoCal Preferred Builders, Los Angeles, CA Thu Dec 12, 2013

We are Socal Preferred Builders and we been successful through Google but even that has limitations. We are trying to reach out to more homeowners, and help address concerns, make homes more comfortable and interesting to be in. Designs, free estimates, and room additions. small or big.

Answers

6
Albeit this question is rife with an inadvertent ploy for advertising your services I might state that getting involved with a good RE brokerage isn't a bad idea. I often work with my son who is an accomplished general and manufactured home contractor, http://www.chadofalltrades.com, along with his architect and my daughter who is a world class interior designer http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com. How's that for a little plug since we're openly advertising on this question. LOL!
they use a lot resources including blogs and classifieds sites
A good Realtor can be a great source for quality building tradesmen. Most have several they can recomend.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
Sounds like you are advertising now!
Word of mouth from satisfied customers is usually the best way!
The answer is all of the above, but I would look to friends/colleagues first so you can see the work firsthand.
Angie's list is getting big

But if I personally was looking for a quality contractor I would seek the opinion of friends and family for a referral. Also, realtors can be a big advocate. They can refer you to investors who are looking to flip homes or fix them up and rent them.

You may also want to join a network group through BNI. I know there are contractors in my group and we refer them a lot of business.