Home Buying in Victoria>Question Details

Libranlady01, Home Buyer in Victoria, TX

Where do I find information on standard percentage rates for items such as title insurance, credit reports, and inspection fees?

Asked by Libranlady01, Victoria, TX Sat Mar 3, 2012

Are some flat fees? I need to be able to compare my choices.

Answers

3
Title insurance: Sales price minus $100,000 X 0.00534 + 843. If the sales price is less than $100K, just Google search Texas title insurance rates as this formula will not work. These rates are the same for all Texas title companies.

Credit reports will vary, but shouldn't be more than about $30.00

Lender inspection fees also vary widely. Each lender you consult with can provide you a Good Faith Estimate which shows the credit report cost and lender inspection fee.
Web Reference: http://www.phgbrokers.com
After you settle on a home and enter into a contract, your Realtor can give you a list of licensed inspectors in your area. I doubt there would be $50 - $75 difference between all of them. Competition actually works. However if you can get a recommendation for the hardest inspector in town, use him/her. Remember, there are no perfect homes out there.

Credit reports are ordered by the lender. You won't have a choice in the provider. However, again $25 - $35 is typical. No major difference here.

You should shop your insurance and compare rates and coverages. Your credit score will help determine your costs, and you'll get discounts if you transfer your auto coverage to them also. There can be differences up to several hundred $$, from what I see from my buyers. Ask them what replacement cost they are using. It might be quite higher than your sales price. That can make a big difference in rates.

Barbara Coker
NMLS#228545
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
100% Home Loans All Over Texas
Web Reference: http://www.thecokerteam.com
There are several title companies listed in the yellow pages in Victoria Texas. Victoria also has mortgage brokerages services that can help prospective home buyers find out their credit score before they start to look for a home. Remember to start there first and then find the home you can afford to purchase. Victoria also has several home inspector services most are also licensed to do pest control. They too can be found in the yellow pages under pest control as they will also need to do a termite inspection on the property. Prices for this service may vary and it is certainly recommended that the home buyer get this done before the home purchase is finalized.