Home Buying in Ingleside>Question Details

Amanda T, Other/Just Looking in Norfolk, VA

Where did I got wrong?

Asked by Amanda T, Norfolk, VA Tue Apr 2, 2013

an agent had a home that was listed for sale and was under contract when i called to inquire about it. I left my number and contact information just in case. I went by and the house still had the sale sign in front. I decided to ride pass one day and notice the agent out side of the home. I stopped to inquire about the house and at that time she was doing a walk through. I was confused . After speaking with her i found out that the first potential buyer didn't close and now the home was back for sale. I asked her why didn't she call me and let me know because i did indeed leave my information. And at this point 3 people are submitting new offers. Where did i go wrong? Was it because i didn't have a agent of my own that maybe they didn't take me seriously? I already had got pre-approved loan that was for valid for 120days and was really just taking my time in finding the perfect agent when i first stumbled into this house.

Answers

6
6 answers and only one answered the question posed. Pick them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Amanda, if you don't have an agent already, I really think you should get one. Either call/email me or any of the highly qualified professionals here on the site.

From some of your past questions, you seem to be on a few different pages as far as the type of loan you have and what you want to buy. You had mentioned purchasing foreclosures before but also mentioned having difficulty getting someone to help you with a VHDA loan. It is difficult to buy a foreclosure with a VHDA loan - sometimes. If you are looking for a steal that needs some work that's good, but if you are looking for something that you can buy very low that needs real work, you will need a different type of loan OR the money to do it yourself and if you are using a VHDA loan, that will be problematic. you will also have a hard time finding a bank to loan you the money for a hosue and the repairs if you plan on doing the repairs yourself. Often, in these loans, the money is given to a pre-approved licensed contractor that has already applied wtih your bank to do the work. You need to sit down with someone who can explain all the different types of listings out there and the requirements to purchase each listing. If you are wanting to bid on a home and have a VHDA loan, a cash buyer often looks better.

Call me, call another agent here, just call someone who knows how to help you and will give you good guidance. That's what we do for a living. you can spend a lot of time driving around looking at homes and getting all excited about places just to find out that it is an 'as is' sale that has $3k in termite damage already discovered and you will not be able to proceed.

Good luck and remember, an agent can help you with general information and provide public information to you but to be your agent (represent you and give you specific advice on a property) they have to be YOUR agent.
Good agents will get in there and fight for you and look after your best interests. Good buyer's agents can really help make things a lot easier.
Ken Phillips
All Pros Real Estate
757-639-2726
Hi Amanda,

I am sorry to hear that you are not getting your fair attention. It is always better for you to have your own agent representation. When you have any agent working for you your agent has the ability to scan the MLS for the properties status and advise you of the current status. If you want to see a home your agent has the ability to show you that home at your convenience. If you like the home and want to put in an offer, your agent prepares all of the necessary documentation and submits your offer for you, all of which will be documented and legally can not go overlooked by the listing agent.

That being said, please contact me if you're looking for an agent that will be there for you every step of the way.

Best Regards;
Anthony Alleva, CSSA
Certified Short Sale Agent
REO REALTOR®
License #0225-205922
Allison James Estates & Homes
601 Dinwiddie Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Toll Free (800) 215-0211
Email: info@anthonyalleva.com
Website: http://www.AnthonyAlleva.com
Amanda, having an agent represent you can't avoid missing out on opportunities but it can reduce the number you miss. The market has picked up & it is not uncommon to have multiple offers on the good deals within a week to 10 days of them posting on the MLS. Your agent should set up up to automatically receive emails the day a potential property hits the market. If your timeline is 12days or 12 months your agent can help you focus & make the entire process smoother & less stressful. If you would like to discuss having a REALTOR respesent you, feel free to contact me
Jack Blake-REALTOR
Judy Boone Realty
757-583-2800 Office
757-339-2327 Cell/text
JackBlake.REALTOR@GMAIL.COM
Hi Amanda,

Almost 100% of the time it's better to have your own agent. It does not cost you, the buyer, to have your own agent. If I am working for a buyer I seek my compensation from the seller, which is normal.

That said, she should have kept your number and contacted you, so truly she did drop the ball and there is nothing more you could have or should have done, except to perhaps get her number and call ever so often to drive home your interest.

Contact me if you're looking for the perfect agent. :)

Best of luck! KK German, Wainwright Real Estate, 757-714-2335
Web Reference: http://www.kkgerman.com