Home Buying in Vancouver>Question Details

Sue Roy, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Where can you find updated homes that are in the Vancouver SE or NE that are in the $268,000 range?

Asked by Sue Roy, Dublin, CA Sun Dec 30, 2012

My husbands is going to be working for Fisher Investments and would like to live within 15-20 mins away from his work. We have no children living with us so it will just be the two of us. I would like to find a 3-4 bedroom home that is in move-in condition it a great location. Can anyone help us out?

Answers

5
Hi Sue,

I read some of your other questions, have you been to Vancouver yet to scout the area? That will be your best bet as to finding which neighborhood fits you best? If your husband works for Fisher, then Fisher's Landing or Camas are ideal. They're essentially one big area and much of it remains to be developed. Out here in East side we've got all the new stores, the local grocery stores (New Seasons, Chuck's, Whole Foods) plus the usual stores Fred Meyer, Safeway, QFC, Costco, Walmart, etc. East side is where it's all happening and I'm sure you've gathered from my other responses I'm biased. I've lived out here most of my life and it is the safest, cleanest part of town with the most potential to grow even better. My friends that live all across the County STILL come to East Vancouver to do their shopping - they even come from Portland to shop here. You won't find a better area across the board and you can get homes for a real steal right now. I'd recommend you come up, stay in the hotel over by Columbia Tech Center, drive around, scout the area, go to the stores - you'll see, the area sells itself.

P.S. I even see people here (adults and kids both) leave their bicycles in front of grocery stores or small strip mall stores without locking them! Now, I don't recommend that because I don't like to actually invite theft, but it's a testament to the mentality of the area.

I worked with Dale Chumbley at RealLiving - he knows Vancouver like the back of his hand.
Hi Sue,
Do you already have your financing lined up? I can assist if you need to get pre-approved so you can make and offer.

Will you need to sell your current residence before moving? If so, that could effect your ability to get the best deal if not planned for properly.

When do you plan to move? Home prices and inventory could change quite a bit later this year.

Matt Peebles
Home Team Funding
703 Broadway Street | Suite 640
Vancouver, WA 98660

Tel: 360-606-6100 / 503-534-6100
Web: http://www.VancouverLending.com

Mortgage Advisor | MLO 42418

A division of Pinnacle Capital Mortgage Corporation
WA CL-81395 | OR NMLS 81395 | Equal Housing Lender
http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/entitydetails.aspx/COMPANY/81395
Yes, we have already been reapproved by a Lender. We did a short sale on our home 2 yr 3mo ago, so we don't have a home to sell before we move up there.
Flag Sun Jan 27, 2013
I would like to suggest either Fishers Landing or Camas area,both east side of Vancouver.If you're into green style homes suggest you talk to Quail homes for that-only suggestion.I moved here in 2001 and rented for 6 months before deciding on a certain area of east side.
If you prefer to look for awhile by yourself, the best place to go to is http://www.rmls.com, as this is the local real estate site that all real estate agents in our area use. However, please remember that the agents name you see on there for each house will be the sellers agent, who represents the seller, and that pictures aren't quite always what is really there. :-)
If you would like some help finding a home or getting some more information on a home you see on the rmls, please feel free to contact me anytime. I would be, as always, happy to help!
;-)
Tracie DeMars @ aol.com
360-903-3504 (cell)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Hi Tracie,
Thank you for your reply. I'm going up to Vancouver with my husband and I would like to interview some Real Estate Agents to see if they could help us find a nice home in a good neighborhood. Our VA Loan is re-approved for $268,000. We don't know anything about Vancouver, WA area. So, we would like to find out as much information as we can to help us decide where to live.
Sue
Flag Mon Dec 31, 2012
You bet. I could set up a query that sends the homes that match to your email. Isn't Fisher Investments in Camas?