Home Buying in Prior Lake>Question Details

Jake, Home Seller in Prior Lake, MN

Where can we get and put in reviews on builders? We recently have had a terible experince with a builder and want to get the word out?

Asked by Jake, Prior Lake, MN Thu Aug 12, 2010

Answers

5
Etta’s answer
I am in the middle of a litigation with my Home builder and realty company. Found alot wrong with the construction on my property with a Forensic investigation. Numerous code violations and poor workmanship and missing HVAC items. My home was to be Energy star compliant. Xcel came into my home and stated that it would of never of passed. Please if you are still in your first year talk this over with a Real Estate lawyer.
He had me hire the Forensic team for expert testimony. The sooner the better. The BBB does nothing to help the home owner but delay you long enough to expire your warranty. The BATC did nothing but stick up for the builder verses the home owner. Need more links contact HADD on line great tips and familiar storys.

Good luck to you.
Thank you for your input on this, really what I want to do is warn people about this builder. They in my opinion don't care about the people they are building homes for and will add things to your final number. Things like that had happened through the process. Andy like other reviews have said (look up Geckler Co) will promise you the world but as soon as you sign you won't hear from anyone again. I wouldn't to anyone EVER to build with these people. Seems to me they have firgured out ways to kep the reviews hidden or in another company's name or something.
Jake,

Having just gone through a similar experience with a less than reputable builder, I can tell you that a complaint the better business would definitely be worth while. Having had the bad experience, I always check the BBB to see if they have any complaints against them. Consumers can lodge complaints against businesses who aren't members and the BBB will create a record for them. It might even help get you some resolutions but it would definitely let other consumers who are looking that someone else had a problem

Cameron Piper
Web Reference: http://www.campiper.com
Geckler & Associates is not part of the Better Business Bureau, so I'm not sure if a complaint there would be worth while.
Depending on your complaint, you can try the local better business bureau--see link--
http://minnesota.bbb.org/