Catherine, Home Buyer in New York

Where can i find condemned properties in NYC ...i am looking for one to do as a family project

Asked by Catherine, New York Sat Dec 21, 2013

Answers

10
Before you buy anything make sure you first understand what you are getting yourself into.

If you aren't a seasoned developer in NYC you are asking for major problems.

In most cases condemnation might very mean that the building is beyond salvaging and you will have to do a complete demolition. Therefore, you are only purchasing land.

You might be better off buying real estate at retail and do cosmetic renovations.
Make sure your proforma analysis examines all options.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
hello Catherine if you want a condemned property those properties are not listed online here in nyc but there are some in other cities if you need any other info let me know

http://www.we-buy-houses-brooklyn-ny.com/
Hi Catherine,
Finding a property in need fo some TLC can be difficult--many management companies have either rebuilt them or the city, as another agent mentioned on here, has gotten rid of a significant number of them. Are you looking for a single family property? Such as a house (multifamily, townhouse, etc) or a rental building? If you have any questions feel free to contact me

Eric Rohe
CITI HABITATS
400 E 84 St
201-328-2758
erohe@citihabitats.com
Please call me for assistance. My name is Dennis and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext. 12. Thank you and good luck.
it is very difficult to find any. The city got rid of 99% of them.
I do not know that there are any "condemned" properties in NYC. There are boarded up properties and those in need of total repairs but condemned? I doubt. What do you mean by family project? We offer a complete package of design and architecture, construction and in mixed use properties construction and permanent financing. It is illegal to offer financing on 1-4 family homes combined with construction in NYC.Cantact us at DomCanDev@Aol.Com or 347-876-0392
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
Without much information, have you considered working with an agent of your own....
sdfefsddsdsa
Flag Sun Dec 22, 2013
Where are you looking in NY?
What's your budget? Cash buyer?
How do you define condemned? Might mean something different for you than it does for me.
Where exactly are you looking in NYC? Maybe I can help give me a call right now. My telephone number is 6463167286.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
How much cash do you have to put into the deal, Catherine?