Home Buying in Fairfield>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

Where can i find a real estate agent that is eager to make a sell. Too many real estate agents in Birmingham don't have the dedication I'm

Asked by Voices Member, Thu Aug 11, 2011

looking for. Recommend me to a hard working Real Estate Agent because I'm ready to but this house now.

Answers

5
Hi Reginald. I am not sure why people think that the only thing we think about is commission. I also don't think people realize how offensive it is to tell us that. It's not the best way to build a relationship. Sometimes people say that when an agent is hesitate to act in a way which really isn't in the buyers best interest based on what experience has taught us. The experience between you and I was a prime example. It just so happened that you quickly identified a house that would have been a really good deal. I encourage a quick and feasible offer. I hope you did not translate that into an eagerness for a paycheck rather than an eagerness for you not to miss anopportunuty.
The problem I'm having is as a buyer I'm expecting a certain kind of service. If there's a house I want to purchase now with cash I expect as a real estate agent you would be eager to give me as much information about the house as possible. Seems as if too many agents aren't looking out for my best interest but only looking to make a commission. My ideal goal is to buy rental investments to earn a cash flow. I have no intentions on living in any of these houses so I'm basically shopping for the best deal possible.
You will want to look at my answer to your other question:

The Banks will not react to a "LOW-BALL" offer; it is a waste of time.

Investors are blaming us Realtors for this:
Okay, go ahead and blame us.
I doubt that you will find an experienced Realtor who wants to submit 50 offers to see if you can get one.

If you call that "lack of dedication"; so be it
Reginald, you seem to lump most, if not all, real estate agents in the lazy group. My question would be to ask you if you are being unreasonable in what you seek? What do you mean by dedication? Are you wanting an agent that will buy you a $150,000 house for $100,000, as some buyers expect? If so, it may be that you need to re-assess your demands. I know that in most cities I could interview 3 or 4 agents and find a "dedicated" agent. So, think about your definition, and interview some agents.

Jack Gillis, M.B.A., J.D.
Jack Gillis Realty Advisors
Nathan Grace Real Estate, Broker
5619 Dyer Street | Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75206
Cell: 214.718.4910
Email: Jack@JackGillisRealty.com
I am licensed in AL, so I know several agents in Birmingham. My contact info is below.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia