Tobuyornot, Home Buyer in 07310

Where can I see public records of recent sales of condos in jersey city, nj? I am aware of the public tax records website, but that only shows the

Asked by Tobuyornot, 07310 Sun Jan 31, 2010

records of the sales made by the builder; I am looking for resales made by original buyers to get a sense of what recent comparable units sold for? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Answers

7
Tobuyornot,

Below is a public website with tax record information of all units, not just builder sales.

http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bin/prc6.cgi?menu=index&am…

Please keep in mind that it takes about 3-4 months for the sales data to update in the public tax record websites.

You can also go to the Tax Collector's office in City Hall with the lot & block # of the building you have questions about and they can provide you with tax and last sales information.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to assist.

--
Walter J. Burns
Realtor-Associate
Weichert Realtors
1 Newark St.
Hoboken, NJ 07030
201-653-8488 Ext: 230
347-4-HUDSON Direct
347-448-3766 Direct
201-694-8946 Mobile
201-653-4154 Fax
walterburns@gmail.com
http://www.livingonthehudson.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 31, 2010
Well I hate to give a self promoting short answer but reality is that your best bet is to ask an agent. We have access to MLS data faster than anyone. In that vein I would like you please consider me, on my website I publish the updated monthly data for Jersey City of sold condominiums and all the relevant info.

Constantin "Chris"Hinova
Liberty Realty
43 Montgomery,
Jersey City NJ 07302
Office (201)332-3999
Cell (201)562-6850
Fax (201)332-4422
propertyshark.com....you ll be able to see the whole US
Hello Tobuyornot,

As many have said here you really should look to a real estate agent who is familiar with the area you are inquiring about. The tax records actually does show resale figures however, the information can take months to become public, and if it's a very large condominium development project it could take even longer. In this case, you'll want to have the real estate agent research the Multiple Listing Service for data on the building counting that there were transactions listed on the MLS.

If the building was sold by the developer's sales office privately without being on the MLS, then this information is a little harder to come by. You might have to try contacting the sales office directly and asking them what specific units traded for.

If they aren't willing to share the information with you then you'll have to go directly to the city and research the information to look up recent sales.

I hope all of this advice was helpful!

Best of luck

Karina Anillo
RE/MAX Gold Coast Realty
56 Newark Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
P (201) 795-5200 xt 332
E Karinaa@remax.net
If you don't have an agent, consider the services--your agent will be able to show you all the data regarding recently and past sold similar properties in the immediate area--keep in mind that when buying, only the current data will matter--banks don't care about what happened years ago.
Are you sure it shows only sales made by the builder? Tax records typically show all transactions, if it's in a locale where such information is publicly available. There typically isn't a distinction between types of sales.

If that doesn't work, a Realtor can get that information for you.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Have a realtor figure that out. Comps take hours to do well and require a skillset non-professionals just don't have. That's why banks come to us, not appraisers to figure out what properties that they own are worth. If you do this yourself you're very likely to make a mistake in doing the valuation adjustment that will cost you many thousands of dollars. I'm a realtor, and when I bought my first house in Jersey City I used a realtor as I didn't know the area. What does that tell you? Looking at tax records is about the worst way to do valuation and to see current sales you need a realtor with access to the MLS, the latest Otteau valuation adjustment info, and some savvy about the area.

Find a realtor you like and trust and use them. They're services are free to you.

Best of Luck,
David Leonard
Weichert Realtors
718-915-2855
davidleonard.com
http://www.davidleonard.biz