Home Buying in Oakridge>Question Details

L Stdino, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

Where can I report when the Seller's agent is not responding to my agent's calls, and remove it fron the market (listed)?

Asked by L Stdino, Bakersfield, CA Thu Jun 2, 2011

I have been told by the sellers agent that this property has an offer, and I have submited a back up offer, but the property still shows listed, and the sellers agent is not returning my agents calls.

Answers

6
Start with the broker of record. If you don't get the results you're looking for go to NAR.
Hi L Stdino,

If the property has an offer that doesn't necessarily mean the offer's been accepted. If the offer has been accepted by the seller and both the buyer and seller have signed the purchase agreement/offer, then it is a legally binding contract. Once the contract is binding, the listing agent needs to change the status in the MLS to either Backup or Pending. They don't remove it from the market until Escrow has closed and Title to the property has transfered. Then the status in the MLS is changed to Sold.

If your agent has questions and the listing agent will not return their calls, have your agent call the listing agent's Broker.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
An offer submitted and an offer accepted are two different things. If the seller has ACCEPTED an offer, the listing agent has an obligation to change the status in the local MLS to Pending. If they do not, they can be fined monetarily. You can call the agent's broker as suggested and/or call the local MLS Association office and it will be taken care of. Perhaps the seller is looking at both offers and deciding which one to accept?

A lot of this has a way of taking care of itself. If the agent is not willing to respond with other agents, word travels around real fast that this guy is not easy to work with Sooner or later if this continues, agents will warn their clients of the difficulty to work with this agent, then he can't sell or buy a house for anyone. In short he goes out of business. The real estate market is a business where building relationships with everyone especially your colleagues is paramount to your success.
If you deem it necessary you can also file a complaint with the real estate commission within your jurisdiction after attempting to do what La Wain recommended.
You can call the sales manager in the agent's office, if the agent is not the broker himself.