Home Buying in Ellicott City>Question Details

Minh, Home Buyer in Howard County, MD

Where can I get insurance for an oil tank in MD?

Asked by Minh, Howard County, MD Fri Jan 28, 2011

I'm looking to at a property with an underground oil tank that is 30 year old. I would like to know if there is an insurance company that will insure underground oil tank in MD.

Help the community by answering this question:


You can also try another insurance agent:

Judy Pakulla
J.E. Schenk & Associates, Inc.
3675 Park Avenue, Suite 201
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Balt. (410) 465-7474
Wash. (301) 854-0088
Fax: (410) 461-3954
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 31, 2011

I believe Allstate can help you. Call Wendy Pakulla @ 410.884.1000. Be sure to ask for Wendy. She has researched a solution for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 30, 2011
Thank you very for all the responses. I already tried multiple insurance companies(Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Erie, Ameriprise) and nobody want to insure the tank. Some insurance company will not insure the house because of the tank. Some will insure the house but they will exclude the tank environmental damage from the policy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 29, 2011
Call you insurance company and ask them. If they can not do it, they should provide you with more information on whom you may call to inquire about it.

Good Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 29, 2011
Hi Minh,

One more resource that I found that might be helpful to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 29, 2011
Hi Minh,

Try State Farm or Allstate. I've heard both provide the required insurance. Also attaching some information that I found on-line.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 29, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer