Home Buying in Bethlehem>Question Details

smynuk57, Home Buyer in Bethlehem, PA

Where can I get accurate comps/appraisal values on property in Bethlehem?

Asked by smynuk57, Bethlehem, PA Wed Jun 5, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3120113781-1817-Easthill-Dr-B…

Answers

9
When an agent determine a selling price they look at recent data of sold and settled in same geographical area, with similar style, size, condition and demand. An appraiser uses similar data to determine value, The important thing to keep in mind is whether a Realtor or Appraiser looks at the data it is a snap shot in time. Today's market is much different then 18 months ago (thankfully). Economic factors as well as local factors all play a part in the trends.

Another question is what is the purpose of knowing the value? Is it to sell, is to refinance or other legal matter. For refinancing and legal matters it might be required to get an appraisal done. If it is to sell contacting a competent Realtor can help you understand what the market is indicating to produce a sale.
Scott Tomlinson
Associate Broker, ABR, SRES
Keller Williams Real Estate
2901 Emrick Blvd. Suite 100
Bethlehem, PA 18020
610-392-1402
Contact any competent real estate agent in the Bethlehem area and I'm sure you will receive a thorough market analysis.
Smy,
What you just described is the Genisis of why real estate professional MUST protect the homeonwer by vetting the buyer....and their lender....more thoroughly.
-
If the buyer is packing paper from Wells Fargo, Quicken, Bank of America, Chase, Citi, you can, with great confidence expect a LLLLlOOOOOWWWWW appraisal. Remember, the bank imposes selective criteria on the appraisr when completing their assignment. Then to observe them pulling fictious numbers off aggregate websites should make everyones blood boil. I would not want my name appearing adjaent to their logo or on my brokers front door.
-
A buyer should expect their offer to get kicked to the curb, not becuase of the negiotaited price but because the bank will imose their will on the outcome via a Fiat appraisal and the deal will die. Everyone will have lost money, time and opportunity.
-
Buyers should conslult with their real estate professional regarding the lenders who have a track record of closing on time, under budget and without all the drama. Based on the buyers circumstances and the property to purchase, the best lender can be selected.
-
An alternative would be to select an "A" or "B" graded local lender who has a track record of investing in the community through small business and home loans. The big banks are all "F" graded.
Enter you zip or city at:
http://www.BankingGrades.com
-
The consumer is not helpless! Ask your real estate professional. There are more optoions that bypass the 'big banks' then you realize.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, Fl
727.420. 4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
While I might agree that sites like Zillow & Trulia might b e deemed "worthless' many of the national mortgage companies like Wells Fargo & Quicken use them as a data basis. I've experienced this twice recently.

It really leaves the consumer in a helpless position at the end of the day.
From an experienced local Realtor. If your buying find yourself a great buyer broker. See link below on what you should be looking for. Under no circumstances should you pay any attention to the online estimates offered by Trulia or sites like Zillow, these estimates are for the most part worthless.
Your best comps come from an experienced realtor. Realtors are trianed and do CMA's (Customer Market Analysis) all the time when we are about to list a home!

We are not appraisers but comps give us an accurate idea of what the property should list/sell for.

Thank you for your interest.
Text me the address and I can run comps for you :) 610-914-3763 - it would not be exact as an interior inspection is best - but, I can provide you with recently sold comparables which would help :)
I agree with Derek..A qualified Realtor can provide you a list of excellent comps. I focus my time primarily in the 18017 and 18018 zip codes and help you if needed. dwitt@kw.com
Any real estate agent can easily do that for you.