ca_lexa, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

Where can I find updated info on what units in a particular condo building are currently being rented out for?

Asked by ca_lexa, Boca Raton, FL Thu Jul 18, 2013

I know I can find out what people are ASKING for rent, but what source/website can I go to which will tell me what tenants are actually paying for rent? My realtor is currently on vacation the next 2 weeks, so she can't help me out !!! argh. Thanks all!

Answers

7
You know how those investors are, right. What you are asking is crucial information.
Unfortuneately, this data can be obscured in a myiad of ways.
-
For instance, a condo is advertised at $2,000 a month. And it gets rented at $2,000 a month.
What you may not know is the first month was FREE and there was a $1,500 move in allowance and the optional rec club membership is prepaid. .
What did the condo REALLY rent for?
-
It is IMPERATIVE for these landlords or propety managers to support the $2,000 a month rate. To be able to advertise the monthly rate IS $2,000. The ramifications are significant. I've noticed a lot of "FREE RENT" signs in my area.
-
There is not and should not be any website that exposes the details of the private contract between a landlord, investor or owner and the tenant. Some property managment companies DO report to credit bureaus that can make this information avaiable to those subcribing to services such as those provided by CoreLogic. Apartment complexes and government run housing have different obligations.
-
Your most reliable resource is the community of real estate professionals who engage in property management activities. If you have an agent who knows the rental market, you should be fully aware, the internet and cell phones are eveywhere. She can help you out.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 18, 2013
I will be happy to hlep.. I am a Realtor with Keller Williams. my name is Elaine Fine. my e mail is elainefine1@gmail.com .. contact me and I will gladly assist you.
just call me and I will be happy to help you with what the rentals people are getting.. my number is 954-850-3015 and my name is elaine Fine, with Keller Williams Realty.. Happy to help!!
The best source is, as everyone above mentioned, your Fort Lauderdale real estate agent. However, if you can't reach her, and you really need to know this information, you could do some on the ground research: knock on the doors, or leave a note under the doors asking the tenants to call you and tell you what they are paying.

Not everyone will respond, but some will. Two or three responses may give you an average rent that you can work with.

Marc Jablon
Johnson and Johnson Team Realty
561-213-6139
JablonTeam@gmail.com
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Good day,

Since your agent is on vacation she may have asked an associate to assist her clients.

Contact her office. If there is not an associate please feel free to contact us at 954-336-5156.
Chane Realty
Everything you need to know a realtor can send you.
There is no reliable web site that I am aware of that gives you this information except the MLS and that is only accessible through your realtor.