Home Buying in Escondido>Question Details

Liz  S, Home Buyer in Escondido, CA

Where can I find the perfect Realtor?

Asked by Liz S, Escondido, CA Tue Sep 14, 2010

I'm looking for an investor friendly Realtor in the local area. The Realtor I choose will make low offers, be available at all times and I will look at a lot of properties and buy only a few. I'm looking for a long term working relationship to make money for us both..........Kind Regards, Liz Sebestyen

Answers

12
Interview a few to get a feel of their schedule, how they can work around your schedule and what they can do to ease your search.
Good Morning Liz,
Well you got a lot of good answers. Perfect is relative to what you need.

Food for thought: As far as low ball offers, there is alot of time and effort in a Offer to Purchase. Most of the Realtors I know, aren't going to waste their time or their clients time with offers who are just fishing. If your looking for good deals why not peruse the Auctions, or Trustee Sales on the steps of the court house in San Diego. You might be able to pick up something there before it hit's the Realtors Desk.

The comps show that the truly good deals in Escondido are those homes that were paid in Cash. Otherwise, most sell for a few dollars over asking.

Best Of Luck to You!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 15, 2010
To find the perfect Realtor(r), you must be the perfect client.

Best wishes,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 14, 2010
Hi Liz,

The perfect Realtor is an agent who takes on a client when there is a good fit. A Realtor must gauge the prospective client to see if their personalities and goals are congruent with each other. This will give you a good, solid foundation to work with. A perfect Realtor must know when to decline a prospective client and turn down a possible commission, as difficult as it may seem. A perfect Realtor knows that taking on a client who is not a good fit will be doing a diservice to the prospective client and themselves. The transaction will more than likely be long and difficult. Finally, I do agree with Dan. It sounds as if you want to call the shots and that is fine. In this situation, your best bet is to find a hungry rookie who doesn't mind you calling the shots. After all, you do want an strong Realtor to negotiate on your behalf and not roll over during the negotiations, right? Then why would you ask your perfect Realtor to roll over for you? Good luck!

Alex Saavedra
Century 21 Award
619-519-0683
alex@buysdhomes.com
Web Reference: http://buysdhomes.com
Liz,
Define perfect. Your version may not be another’s. If you are a knowledgeable investor who wants to control the process and call the shots, find a hungry rookie who you like and is willing to do what you want. If you need an experienced agent who can give you advice and knows how to negotiate, understand they may not be as open to some "lowball" offers.
If you decided to select a hungry rookie, interview their broker and see what type of support they'll be getting.
Liz- The perfect Realtor, is the one you feel comfortable with. They won't put on the fancy suit to impress you, to me it comes off as being fake. The one who is perfect will walk away from a commission at any second when its a bad investment.
Sorry, but there's no perfect Realtor.

There are some very, very good ones. And you've already had a couple volunteer. So, consider talking to them. Also, network at your local real estate investor club. You're likely to find some investor-friendly Realtors there. Be as honest and upfront as you can be. That'll help. Then make a decision, and see how it works out.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Liz,

Not sure that any one REALTOR is "perfect", but many are well qualified and willing to do a great job for you. You can start by:

1.) Looking Through the Trulia Agent Profiles - contact a few for discussion of your needs. (Many on this site would be happy to help).
2.) Looking on the California DRE (Department of Real Estate) web site, or the CAR (California Association of REALTORS) web site for licensed agents in your area of interest.
3.) Ask friends or family members for agents that they were highly satisfied with.

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Rancho Bernardo
760-644-1662
Simply The Best Real Estate Co., Inc.
Hello Liz, you might just try going into a local real estate office there in Escondido and ask to speak with the manager; they should be able to refer you to an agent that might be willing to assis you based on your particular needs and wants.

I hope this was helpful.
I would be happy to assist you in finding great investments. I have no problem with showing you as many properties as it takes to find exactly what you are loking for. I pride myself on being available to my clients anytime and will work around your schedule. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks Ever.
Ever Eternity
REALTOR
Phone (530) 448-3867
Fax (619) 819-9923
http://www.EverSanDiego.com
E-mail eversandiego@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.EverSanDiego.com
That is a great question Liz.
So where do you find the perfect realtor for YOU?
Based on what you mentioned I do have someone in mind that might be perfect for you.
I wish I could be of help myself but I'm all the way down in Chula Vista and would probably not be your best bet. If you are up to it I'd like to get you in touch with one of the best agents we have in our Escondido office.
Let me know if you're interested.

Sincerely, Daniel Di Matteo
CENTURY 21 Award
(619)512.0006
I can do that. In fact, I do that for a lot of my clients. I even follow foreclosures, short sales, and bank owned properties for people. OK...I do take a day a week off..

It is my Goal to Increase the Success and Profitability of Those I Serve

Let me know if I can help you in any way!

Joan Wilson (Realtor, SRES, Ecobroker, Certified REO, HAFA, and Short Sale Specialist)

California Cool 4 Sale
Prudential California Realty
Direct Phone: 760-757-3468
800-975-7481 x 111
Fax: 760-946-7894
JoanWilson@prusd.com
License # 01341483

Find Your Dream Home:
http://JoanWilson.PrudentialCal.com