Home Buying in Napa>Question Details

platinumdesp…, Home Buyer in Oakland, CA

Where can I find property for a wedding venue?

Asked by platinumdespair, Oakland, CA Sun Jan 6, 2013

My husband and I are exploring the possibility of starting our own wedding venue business. We are total newbies and want to get a sense of how much it would cost to own such a property in Napa or the East Bay.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Napa

Answers

8
Did you find your wedding venue? I have a beautiful New Outdoor Venue in North Phoenix, but have some health issues and would sell it to the right couple. 2 acres of outdoor venue. 4000 sq home for you to live in, with apartment for grounds keepers. Seperate guesthouse for bride and groom honey moon suite....beauttful grounds for the wedding, tented patios, gardens...cinderellas dream. Accouns recievables into 2016. Check it out at http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/mystic-ranch-cave-creek/80c52… and let me know. Sheri 480 221-5012
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 12, 2014

Perhaps have your agent look for properties with a view, large lot size, and lots of parking.

Kind regards,

Arpad
I think a real estate agent could help you with this. They will know what all of the available buildings are. It would be beneficial for you to have someone help in your search. http://grandereception.com.au

Perhaps see what local caterers or other service providers may know already about local venues.

Kind regards,

Arpad
Hi again,

There are a number of significant issues to be addressed before specific answers can be given. As communicated earlier, if you are serious about your option possibilties, please feel free to communicate further. The greater Napa County real estate market appears to be motr active and will continue to be so. Being "Newbies" and with the potential issues surrounding wedding venues, you will need guidence and information about Napa real estate along wth the City & County regulations. I am willing to discuss with you the information I have at no cost or obligation.

Bob Wallin
Windermere Napa Valley Properties
707-337-5279
Napa is the ideal location for getting married, but you’ll want to be sure you understand any regulations there may be when it comes to where weddings are allowed to take place. Before you get too far along in your search, if you haven’t already done so, you may want to utilize the county’s website (http://www.countyofnapa.org/), or better yet, visit them in person. I’ve always found the staff to be very friendly and quite helpful.
Well, in Napa County, currently is is illegal to rent your property/home for less than 30 days unless you have a valid license to do so. Therefore, you must be very careful with zoning restrictions, limitations, etc.

I recently have represented 2 buyers who have purchased homes in Sonoma County, because they wanted property that could be used as a valid vacation rental property (less than 30 days). They may be allowed in Sonoma with the proper zoning.

I am not familiar with properties in the East Bay. But Solano County may be an option as well.
I am a real estate professional living in the Napa area since 1969. If appropriate for you, you are welcome to contact me about property venues for weddings and other celebrations. The specifics of your business plan could be a deciding factor. This subject has raised a lot of controversy in recent years. I am not an expert, but have had some experience and discussed this option with others. I will be pleased to offer any information and help. Bob

R.G. (Bob) Wallin
Realtor® SRES, SFR,
Exchange Specialist
DRE#01492251
(707) 337-5279 Cell
(707) 226-1823 Office
Email: bwallin@windermere.com
Windermere Napa Valley Properties
1030 Third St.