Liza, Home Buyer in Florida

Where can I find information on mortgage financing for Canadians wanting to buy in Florida? I plan to relocate within 2 years. Thanks!!!

Asked by Liza, Florida Tue Mar 12, 2013

Answers

8
-there are bank branches of Canadian Banks here in Florida- locally Suntrust is good. Byron Webb 772-234-0909
Call a mortgage broker that realtors rely on. Preston Ware 561-329-0075. He is able to help foreign nationals with home loans in the U.S. Or find him at http://www.PrestonWare.com

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
You can actually buy a home in Florida and get it financed in Canada. There is no need to finance it in Florida. I suggest that you find out where you get the better conditions and rates and then make your decision. TD Bank is one of the banks that does it. Let me know if you need any help. We have done many deals with non US citizens.
Good Luck
Anton Seiss
Broker
Seiss Real Estate
Jupiter, Florida
561-339-7003
Hi , I have a great lender We use in our Keller Williams Office. She is very professional and works to get the transaction closedCall me for her office info . Thanks, Linda Bremer, CSSA, SRES, Keller Williams Realty, West Palm Beach, Fl
Thank you!!!
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013
Liza,

You dont have to pose the question 25 times.

If you want to be able to make your payments easier you can go to TD Bank and RBC. These banks have U.S banks but you can make your payments at your local bank in Canada. I know TD Bank has specials for Canadian buyers on occasion.
Not sure what you mean by 25 times, Kevin. I asked 1-2years ago and tried searching for the answers I had received as I've not been on Trulia. I was wondering if qualifications or lending practices had changed since then. Other Canadians probably ask the same question repeatedly but don't assume it was me. In spite of your tone, thank you for the same information others have already provided.
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013
Being a Canadian myself living in Florida now for 15 years I know that any of the banks here deal with Canadian buyers. If you want to be able to make your payments easier you can go to TD Bank and RBC. These banks have U.S banks but you can make your payments at your local bank in Canada. I know TD Bank has specials for Canadian buyers on occasion.
Check out my website for more information http://www.isellflahomes.com/canadiansinflorida
Thank you!!!
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013
You may prefer to use a local mortgage broker. If you wish a recommendation, email me - marilynfjacobs@gmail.com. I use one who does their own financing, and, most importantly, has their own appraisers who only work in various areas and have complete knowledge of those property values. Therefore the area you pick will be properly and currently appraised by a locally experienced appraiser.

The values right now are GOOD and it could be that in two years prices will have risen more than you like. You can purchase a property now and have your agent rent it out for income until you are ready to move, in order to both protect the price and get the income.

Marilyn Jacobs
Jeffrey Ray & Associates
561-638-9818
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
Thank you!!!
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013
You should try TD Bank first, since it is a Canadian Bank.
You can also try PNC Bank, since they bought out RBC and committed to continue servicing the Canadian market.

In the meantime, over the next 2 years you can review homes for sale and keep tract of market trends at http://www.SearchKissimmeeHomes.com . Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty
Thank you!!!
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013