Home Buying in Wayne>Question Details

Nokichan, Home Buyer in Wayne, NJ

Where can I find experienced home inspectors in Wayne, NJ?

Asked by Nokichan, Wayne, NJ Tue Jun 23, 2009

What are the average inspection cost for single house with 3 bed room, 1 bath built in early 1940's.

Answers

4
Check with your Realtor and ask for three companiers in the area.. ou should be able to find one of the three.

By all means stay away from DICO home inspectors. god awful.
Not to toot my own horn but, ... toot, toot.

Carl is on target with his cost estimates as well as using them as a guide not a rule. The better inspectors have kept there prices level while those that can't get business based on theor reputation have droped their prices dramatically. Inspectors must be licensed in NJ and to be licensed must have a minimum of $500,000 insurance.

A significant differentiator when choosing a home inspector is their ability to effectively communicate their findings. During the inspection, how effectively do they explain the conditions found (negative AND positive)? Can a novice understand? After the inspection, the Home Inspector must provide a written report that details how the home is constructed, current conditions, recomendations, and ramifications. A detailed narrative report as opposed to a simple checklist will be more informative and useful as a document to reference either for negotiations or future maintenance/replacement.

Feel free to contact me for more information.

Rafi Footerman
Mid Jersey Inspections
732-906-4100
NJ Home Inspector Lic. #076900
I can give you a list of inspectors. I recommend Rick Koehler of HomeSure Inspectors- 973-534-6433 or,
rkoehler@nj.nachi.org. He is licensed, insured, and professional. He has done 3 of the last 5 inspections for my buyers. Experience with others is also quite good. Prices are flexibe but $300 for home, $50 pests, $100 for radon is ball-park for any inspector. They are competitve however. But don't buy on price alone. Do what you are doing- looking for recommendations. For my list of inspectors, email cwitzig@verizon.net. Good Luck.
Nokichan,

Since I don't live in Wayne, NJ, I can't give you the name of a home inspector. However, if I were looking for someone there and I didn't want to let my fingers do the walking through the internet!!....I would look for a realtor in the area and ask them who they use for their home inspectors. Most likely they will have an idea of the cost. If you need the name of a good agent in Wayne, NJ, go to my web site below, e-mail me and I will send you the names of some super RE/MAX agents in Wayne, NJ! They would be happy to answer your questions.

Hope I answered your questions.

Mary
Web Reference: http://www.marydick.com