Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Kikit, Home Buyer in Arcadia, CA

Where can I find an agent who works with first time home buying for teachers?

Asked by Kikit, Arcadia, CA Tue May 5, 2009

In the Los Angeles county: covina, Alhambra, Azusa, Pasadena, & San Gabriel area.

Answers

8
Hi Kikit,

Glad to see you are using Trulia. Arcadia is one of the areas I specialize in. In addition to representing first time home buyers such as teachers we have special loan programs for teachers.

As you may know Arcadia is a hot market. Properties are moving fast…especially bank owned properties. Don’t miss your opportunity to take advantage of the $8,000 tax credit for first time home buyers.

Hope you will give me the opportunity to help.

Gary Gukassian
Beverly Realty
818-303-4093
I have worked with 5 teachers in the San Gabriel Valley in the last few years. All but one of them have been first time buyers. I am an expert in this area. Send me an email if you would like more information.
I am going to suggest Igor at Best Hollywood Homes. I've referred business to him before, in fact, mostly first time home buyers, and they have loved working with him!
Hi Kikit,

I am a teacher in LAUSD and a Realtor.

I am very familiar with issues facing teachers who are first time home buyers.

Please feel free to contact me if you need help.

Melanie
Cell: (949) 514-1575
Email: gmmrealty@gmail.com
Hi Kikit,

As you may have heard, there are special loan programs available for teachers through CalHFA. Unfortunately it has been temorarily suspended at the moment, see link below:

http://www.calhfa.ca.gov/suspension.htm

There are, however, other downpayment assistance programs that are still available.

Most any Realtor can help you with finding a home as a first time buyer as long as they know to give some extra time for close of escrow, if a CalHFA program gets used for the purchase (teacher's or other downpayment assistance programs).

Here is the contact info for a lender who I have worked with this past year where we completed a transaction for another teacher. She will have the latest up to date info on the teacher's as well as other down payment assistance programs. She is very well versed in them.

Roberta Berthold

Golden Empire Mortgage

(310) 923-0901 Direct Line

I would be happy to help you.

Call anytime with questions.

Tom Goeders, Realtor, SRES
http://www.TomGoeders.com
tomgoeders@kw.com
(818) 378-7602
Hi KitKit,

I'm an agent with Coldwell Banker & have lived in in Eagle Rock for nearly 20 years & know the San Gabriel Valley quite well. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime - I'd be happy to help you. My email is john.barry@coldwellbanker.com

Thanks, have a great night!

John Barry
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
Hello Kikit. Most agents work with first time homebuyers because those are the buyers that are saturating the market at this time. You need an agent that is aggressive and is willing to work with you to guide you in the right direction. I work those areas and if you need any assistance I would be happy to help.

Let me know.

Dyanna
323.359.7992
dyannaavila@hotmail.com
Check local real estate publications, I assure you there will be an ad for an agent that specializes in first time buyers.