Home Buying in Parkton>Question Details

Kelly Branfo…, Both Buyer and Seller in Jacksonville, MD

Where can I find a realtor who has a lot of experience buying land (not existing houses)??

Asked by Kelly Branford, Jacksonville, MD Mon Feb 3, 2014

My husband and I are looking to purchase some land on which to build a house. Our target areas would be the following in Baltimore County: Parkton, White Hall (Baltimore County portion only), Sparks, Sparks Glencoe, and Freeland, MD.

So my question is, where do I find a realtor who has a lot of experience with buying lots of land? There is a lot to know, and I'm worried if this realtor doesn't specialize in this (and instead concentrates more on existing home sales), we could end up with a bad experience. Every realtor I have spoken to so far has told me that they can do it, but none of them seem to have done it very often (if at all) before. Please help!!

Answers

2
Hi Kelly,
You are right to make sure you find a realtor that is experienced in this type of transaction. I do not off hand know realtors experienced in this in those areas, but I can try to get some referrals for you from other areas realtors that I know. Secondly, what is your plan for finacing the land and the home build? Unless you are paying cash, the realtor will want to know that you are ready to move ahead before making offers. I have a great construction loan that only requires 3.5% down payment towards the cost of acquiring the land AND building the home.

I'm available to help you at your convenience if you wish.

I can do a full underwriting approval ahead of time if need be and I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage.

If you like my answer, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
Email: robertlh66@verizon.net
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 3, 2014
Thank you Robert! We will start looking for land in June, and would need to secure construction loan financing in order to build. I just wanted to get a realtor lined up prior to that time so that we are ready to roll when we want to start looking. And given the amount of research I've already done, and how difficult it has been to find a realtor who specializes in this, I think it's a good thing we've started looking early :-)
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Kelly,
There is someone in my office that just specializes in lots. I'm located in timonium which isn't too far from the sparks glencoe area. Feel free to email me I'll be more then glad to give you my colleagues information. Hmahan@kw.com