Home Buying in Janesville>Question Details

Ras, Home Seller in Rockford, IL

Where can I find a list of recent closing prices for single family homes in the Janesville WI area?

Asked by Ras, Rockford, IL Fri Jul 4, 2008

Answers

6
You should be able to locate selling prices here:
http://www.ci.janesville.wi.us/citysite/Parcel_Info.aspx
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 11, 2008
I provide my clients with a report that allows them to get that info without having to ask for it. I can also input search criteria that gives them an email alert every time a sale matches that criteria. The client or I can adjust that criteria as needed. Accurate and timely sale information is critical for making buying and selling decisions. Of course, I am always available for consultation or to provide that info, but I find that most of my clients want to be very involved in the process.
Realtors are a great help with these types of questions. Your information is also publicly available at your local courthouse
In addition, a realtor can narrow down your search to a specific side of town, a certain subdivision, or even a certain school area. With a realtor you will then see the different styles of homes in a given area and be able to compare the details of the homes.
Talk to any realtor in the area - They would be willing to give you the info you need.
If you are a buyer and have a "buyer's agent" or you are a seller and have a "listing agent" those realtors can then provide you with the most up to date and thorough information through the MLS (Multiple Listing Service.) In our area, this is where most transactions are occuring and are recorded promptly. Price is important, but through the use of the realtor you will also have information on square footage, updates, number of bedrooms and baths and any monetary credits that a seller may have provided to a buyer. This added information will be helpful in making a true comparison, if that is what you are intending to do.

Though the city of Janesville website and county records provide final selling prices, the information is not updated as quickly as within the MLS.
Web Reference: http://www.scwihomes.com