Home Buying in Terre Haute>Question Details

Violet, Home Buyer in Terre Haute, IN

Where can I find a home on contract in Terre Haute IN?

Asked by Violet, Terre Haute, IN Tue Jul 15, 2008

Answers

4
I would start out by contacting a local Realtor who has the resources available to look at current listings. I keep a For Sale By Owner (FSBO) list, and accept calls from customers to notify me of any contracts, rentals, etc. that they may have available. As mentioned, the newspaper is a good place to look also. If you need a Realtor in the area, please give me a call as I am located in Brazil (just 15 smiles to Terre Haute!!). Please view my website for listings and contact info.
The best place to look is your local Sunday News Paper.
There is no searchable database of people who will sell their house on contract, you'll just have to do the leg work. For Sale By Owners are a good place to start. Jody Jones makes an excellent point though, you should consult an attorney before you enter a contract with anyone. Be careful out there, make sure the home is worth the price you pay so you don't start off upside-down on your home. Make sure the structure is sound, mold and termite free. Make sure there are no tax leins on the propertry. Check and double check every thing and good luck out there.
I am assuming you mean a land contract or contract for deed? If so, you might contact a local agent, we do have some listings in our MLS that are open to that sort of sale. Also check your local newspaper listings. If you are going to do this on your own, please get an attorney who is versed in real estate law to represent you through the process. You are in a rather vulnerable position in this type of transaction and you need to have a contract that will protect you.

Good Luck
Jody Jones
Century 21 Landmark
Elkhart, IN