Smylee3, Home Buyer in Joliet, IL

Where besides Joliet are quality Catholic schools with an affordable housing market, i.e. updated homes under $300k?

Asked by Smylee3, Joliet, IL Tue Sep 11, 2012

My husband and I are looking to send our two children to Catholic school. We also have to keep in mind if we plan to send them to a Catholic high school that narrows our choices even further.

Answers

5
Downers Grove will also have options for you as well. Benet Academy is near and there are a couple of grade schools as well.
Smylee3: Certainly Manhattan would have homes under that price point. St. Joseph's is a great parish serving that community. Graduates of that school typically go to Providence if they wish to continue with a Catholic high school. If not, they attend Lincoln-Way HS.
St. Mary's in Mokena is also a very good school, but the homes in Mokena would be a bit higher-priced than those in Manhattan on the average. Homes would be available under that price though, just in fewer numbers. Again, Providence is a good choice for St. Mary's graduates, but with Mokena being a bit further north and east ... other options are available as well. Again, LWHS is the public school choice.
Should you need a referral for an agent familiar with either area, please let me know. I have been a mortgage lender in the Will County area for 35+ years and could recommend the area's finest.
Best of luck to you in your search,
Gene
Web Reference: http://www.genemundt.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
If you are looking at that price level of homes and good Catholic schools, I would offer a couple options. Providence catholic in New Lenox offers close proximity to Lockport, Homer and New Lenox. The school has an excellent reputation.

Brother Rice in Oak Lawn offers other options for updated homes in the Palos, Oak Lawn area.

See the web reference below for a site that compares and rates schools.

I work in all these areas and would be happy to send you a list of available homes and options.

Suzanne Hamilton
RE Marketing Consultants, Inc.
888-788-9544
suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com
The City of Crest Hill, Romeoville, Plainfield are just a few of the areas that would fit your school needs with the price range you are looking for. Feel free to call me at 815-823-5478 for more info.
Eddie
Marian Catholic has a very good reputation (located in Chicago Heights) There are many surrounding communities where you may find houses that would fit your needs. There is a Catholic school in Flossmoor which is a nice community, Infant Jesus of Prague that serves pre-school through 8th grade. Also, check out St. Joseph's Catholic School in Homewood an adjoining town to Flossmoor. Many students that go to Marian Catholic have come through these two schools. You can use this link to explore these towns and others in that area to get a better idea of what they have to offer:

http://illinois.hometownlocator.com/il/cook/