Home Buying in Hillsborough>Question Details

thuytran0521,  in Reno, NV

Where are these residents moving to after they sell in Hillsborough? Are they staying in CA or moving out of town?

Asked by thuytran0521, Reno, NV Sun Oct 20, 2013

Very few people are moving out of California. California has a positive immigration ratio of people moving in.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
It really depends on the personal reasons. I see very few people moving out of California these days, especially out of Bay Area.
Web Reference: http://talisrealestate.com
Hi Thuy,

From my recent experience, I'm seeing a wide range of reasons people are selling. A lot of downsizing and upsizing to take advantage of the market, some moving after kids are in high school, since there isn't a public high school in Hillsborough, a few corporate transfers (to Texas recently), but often times people still staying within the Peninsula because of the special dynamics we have such as community, weather, and proximity to SF and Silicon Valley.

Phil Chen