Home Buying in Bellevue>Question Details

skippyjjones, Renter in New York

Where are the pockets of neighborhoods in Bellevue/Kirkland with kindergarten kids.?

Asked by skippyjjones, New York Sat Mar 9, 2013

Most of the people seem to move there for middle and highschool...

Answers

6
Skippy,

I think that you can take a bit from each of these answers. You may want to think about what school you want to send your kids to and then look at the neighborhoods near there. Like Vera said, there are kids in most neighborhoods. But, I think you should base the decision on what kind of education you want your kids to have and how long of a commute you can live with. Good luck!

Daniel Breilh
I've got pre-school kids and we find a lot of other young kids living around Medina Park area. One of the more expensive in Bellevue but lots of younger kids.
The Eastgate neighborhood of Bellevue is popular with families entering the Spanish Immersion K-12 program at Puesta del Sol.
Skippy,
I'm sure there are, but I'm not sure if there is a way to document which neighborhood. Truthfully we are always careful with these questions because we don't want to discriminate one neighborhood over another. You could check on the school ratings to see which grade schools are rated very high and look for homes around those schools. Many people choose a neighborhood which is near services they value.
I've attached a link to the State School Report Card. I've found this to be a very helpful tool when comparing one school or one district against another. I hope this helps.
In Kirkland there is Houghton where kids go to Lakeview Elem. This is a highly rated great school. There is also West of Market and East of Market which for the most part to go Kirk Elem. All nice , affluent areas but I would recommend Houghton. Lots of parks, walking distance to downtown, the elem school, shopping, beaches,ect...

Jennifer Nilssen
All neighborhoods in Bellevue and Kirkland area have high amount of families with kids.
I would suggest you stay close to good schools. http://www.greatschools.com for school ratings.