Home Buying in Novato>Question Details

Momoftwo, Home Buyer in Novato, CA

Where are the nice family areas in Novato with great schools and many stay-at-home moms? We would like a newer home (3500 sq.).

Asked by Momoftwo, Novato, CA Wed Nov 10, 2010

Answers

7
Curious what you found, I'm looking for the same. It's been a few years since you wrote your post so, you are hopefully all settled in. How do you feel about the community feel?
Although the homes and older are smaller ,we loved the San Marin area for convenience.
Hi, I thought you might be interested in my Marin, School, Community and Home Seminar that I have coming up in a week. Many folks attend who are new to Marin.

Here is the link for more info:
There are 2 upcoming dates: 11/15 (in Mill Valley) and 11/21 (in SF)
http://www.MyMarinHouse.com

As I'm a mom myself of 2 young children, I've helped a number of families find the right fit. As far as the specifics of your looking for great schools, your best bet is to look at the test scores, talk to other parents and then narrow down the area that you'd like. But you also have to look at what home price range you can afford.

I also suggest joining a mothers group and asking there. You will get wonderful unbiased opinions on schools, neighborhoods and more. There is a moms club just in novato: The Novato Mothers Club. I'm a member myself.

Feel free to call/email me with any questions, and hope you can make my next seminar.

Liz McCarthy
Liz@BayAreaRealEstateSales.com
http://www.BayAreaRealEstateSales.com
415-250-4929
Dear Mother of Two,

There are many areas of Novato where families live, but in general, most areas of Novato were built from 1950 or before to the mid 1970s. The newer areas other than Hamilton and the homes off Ignacio Blvd. are generally smaller subdivisions of 5-35 homes scattered throughout Novato.

Are you already working with an agent?? If so, your agent can search for your home by specifying the minimum square footage and age range so that you can filter out homes that are older than you would like. However, keep in mind that the newer homes are typically on smaller lots. There are many homes in older, more established neighborhoods that have been remodeled and upgraded that may be in more desirable locations on larger lots. There are always trade offs.

What is important is to have an agent who is familiar with the area and the inventory who can guide you through the process.

Kathy and I tour new listings in Novato every week and know the inventory. Give us a call if you have any further questions or would like to consider working with us!!
Hello..if you would like to discuss this further ,please call me at 415-971-4769.

John Hammer
I have a great listing at 5 San Marcos Ct, Novato. It will be open this Sunday from 2 to 4. You must chek it out. It meets your requirements too. Call if I can help. Best, Scott 415-257-2042
Good morning Momoftwo!

I would be happy to assist you in finding a home in Novato that fits your needs. Please feel free to contact me at 415-328-5186 at your convenience. I have lived and sold homes in Novato for over 25 years and am very familiar with the schools and neighborhoods here.

Dave Corbin, Broker
415-328-5186