Trancekat, Home Buyer in Williams Township, PA

Where are the lowest property taxes and municipal/township/county fees in Central NJ?

Asked by Trancekat, Williams Township, PA Wed May 2, 2012

Currently in Franklin Township in Somerset County, NJ. Looking to determine where in central NJ are the lowest property taxes and fees (now that municipalities have to make up the shortfall in tax revenue). I'm on the cusp of giving up on NJ and moving to PA.

My office is in Basking Ridge, NJ and my S/O's is in Langhorne, PA.

Answers

4
They can vary from town to town. Based on my experience I see the lowest taxes in Middlesex County. Towns like South Plainfield and Middlesex. Call me for more information 718 309 5861.
Hi Trancekat.

To the best of my knowledge, the lowest tax rate in Middlesex county is in Cranbury. You should certainly check out the site that my colleague below has linked for you to access. It will help you give a general comparable from town to town.

Also, keep in mind, that many homes are currently getting re-assessed for taxes and are being successfully appealed.

I am not sure what your age category is, but if you are 55 or over, consider purchasing an adult community home. They tend to be cheaper to purchase and offer a whole host of amenities.

Please contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Best of Luck!

Nayna Bawa
"Nina"
New Jersey Realty, llc
(917) 969-0093

To best of my knowledge, Monroe has low taxes and has good schools in central jersey.
For more information, you can reach me at my cell# 732-277-9321.

Vishal Maher
http://www.vishalmaher.com
Hi Trancekat,
The tax rates for different municipalities are based upon differient ratios depending upon how up to date the assessments are. So, answers can be a little misleading.

For General Tax Rates by County and Municipality go to: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/lpt/taxrate.shtml

I hope this helps.