Home Buying in Florida>Question Details

Marcy Millig…, Home Buyer in 80831

Where are the cheapest homes (no mobiles) in Florida (not southern florida)? Preferably in the country.

Asked by Marcy Milligan, 80831 Wed Apr 1, 2009

Looking for a home in country for person who is on a VERY limited income, so
it needs to be cheap. He likes seclusion. So, low price for home, low
property taxes, and low utilities. Is this a dream request?

Answers

12
EXACTAMENTE ESO ES LO QUE ESTOY BUSCANDO, SOY DE LA TERCERA EDAD Y MI RETIRO ES MUY BAJITO, BUSCO CASA DE 2 HABITACIONES Y DOS BANOS, ENTRE 25 Y 30 MIL DOLARES PARA PAGAR AL CONTADO, NO TENGO MAS DINERO.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
Cheap, Lowest cost. Low utilities. Low Taxes. Low maintenance!

As you know, buying real estate often requires compromise. You can't always get everything you want.
Some would say you can have it good, fast and cheap, but you can only pick two.

The best buys (low cost) with controlled expenses(utilities, upkeep, maintenance) will be condos. 1/1 sold as low as $8,500.
The element that determines if this is a dream or not is....what is the purchase amount you are calling LOW?
Be aware, a home purchased for $25,000 will only pay the real estate agent a couple hundred dollars. One trip to the country and the net earning will be zero. You may want to pick up the phone and contact an agent in the area you are looking so everyone's efforts can be acknowledged.

Annette
Broker/associate
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, Fl
727. 420. 4041
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
Typical Connecticut attitude. Stay up north and be happy. She was not rude, she was HONEST, something that must be a foreign concept to you up north. Agents pay for their gasoline. All she was trying to say was it is going to be difficult to find an agent on the COAST who will want to show properties 100 miles inland. I am going to call this agent because I like HONESTY and strait forward tell it like it is talk. ANNETTE, you ever want to leave Florida head on over to TEXAS, would love to have you !
Flag Wed May 7, 2014
very rude, glad you are not my agent.. one trip to the country may net you -0- commission however the attitude will net you zero word of mouth referrals
Flag Tue Oct 2, 2012
My wife and I are recent empty nesters who live in the North-woods of Upper WI. Due to heath issues and the fact that I just can not Take another FREEZING COLD winter pacing the floors waiting spring. We have been searching on line for a home in the Fort Myers / North Fort Myers area because I was told by a few Realtors that this was a "Mostly Clean,,safe ,,crime / gang free area. After reading your review I am starting to question the honesty / judgement of those who provided me with this info. I do check the crime charts on the page but they only provide the last month. PLEASE if you live in the area or can give me an honest and accurate report, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Email me @ smangert@pctcnet.net. I can only afford 1 more move this life time and I have to get it RIGHT THE 1st TIME!! Thanks ,,,, Steve
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
if looking for 55+ community Century Village in West Palm Beach is beautiful! My father has a condo there and I cannot wait to own one myself...1/1 from 8k up
Flag Wed Sep 26, 2012
I just came from Palm Bay Florida to look for a house in the $60,000 range. What I was shown were horrible. Houses that had been vandalized, structure damage, homes that needed roofs,moldy, had termites, snakes, most houses had the A/C units stolen. It was a horrible experience. I am looking for where I can find a home that isn't a mess in that price range. Maybe a 3 bedroom ranch over 1000 sq. feet. Am I dreaming or are there such places that are decent, and not too far from the beach? I came home, very depressed...please email if you can help at jeeperson@roadrunner.com. I live in NY and looking for a winter home in fla - some place nice and pretty.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 28, 2010
I am an agent in Florida and I think it is a great place to retire. There is plenty to do here. Melbourne Beach is not too bad for prices on the beach compared to South Florida. It is a great lifestyle here. Compared to New York and New Jersey is is so cheap to be near the ocean. The beach is free, not like Jersey where you have to pay to go on some beaches. The taxes are way less also. Come and check out Melbourne beach. North of Vero Beach, but not as pricy as Vero
Flag Sat Jan 10, 2015
I lived in Sarasota, Fl for 27 years and I have also been a real estate agent in NJ and Fla. for over 30 years. I can honestly tell you that Fla. isnot all it's cracked up to be as a retirement location. Even as a realtor (with high integrity) I have refused to sell homes to my friends from NY and NJ in Florida until I am absolutely sure that they have done extensive homework/research into other retirement locations in other states, weighed all their options and then they insist of Fla. People get hypnotized b the sun and beaches, and yes it is pretty but I will guarantee that after a short time you will be sick of it and the cost of living there is not as cheap as everyone thinks. I would recommend encourage everyone to really consider their lifestyle, hobbies, etc and see if Florida is REALLY the state for you. The generation retirning now is not the same as our arents/grandparents who probably led a more sedentary lifestyle. They need more activities.
Flag Thu Mar 6, 2014
Here are 310 listings below $50,000

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=1328075403&…

See anything you like?

John

352-978-4539
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 1, 2009
i just retired this year, and thinking of buying a cheap house which is all i can afford due low sss....then after reading the comment of Annette Broker/associate ReMax Realtec Group Palm Harbor, Fl I'm staying away from Remax...she sounds like a hot shot realtor agent....and sounds so concieted.....is that the way ReMax train their agents?
There are some very good bargains right now in the Spring Hill and Brooksville area of Florida. Many mobiles in the countryside and smaller older homes under $100,000. It is an area close to Hudson Beach, (15-20 minutes) and about 45 minutes from Tampa. 1 1/2 hours to Disney. You will definitely need to work with a realtor, and visit properties, because there is a big problem in Florida with vacant properties being vandalized and gutted. AND, realtors want that commission, and the cheaper the house the less they make and the less time they want to spend showing you properties.
. Try to cultivate a relationship with one of the nice guy realtors, who will give you the service you need. Foreclosures are a way of getting more house for the buck, but that takes time and patience. You need a clear deed from a bank owned property that has not been vandalized in a safe neighborhood. It's possible, but you must do your homework, because realtors and flippers are out there gobbling up the best properties for resale.
buying a condo is NEVER a good idea ,if you add ALL the monthly HOA 's FEES you end up paying EVERY year you could live in a mansion ,yes I am exaggerating, but not by much , why do you think they are cheap and easy to find ?THEY ARE EASY TO FIND BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS THEM .real estate agents will always try to unload them to unsuspecting naïve people who can't afford anything else
I agree. Condos real cost lie in the monthly fees they charge. And they never go away. Rather they will increase. It's like paying a mortgage forever.
Flag Fri Nov 7, 2014
not to be worry all houses has the same situacion in this moment .... some times you don'nt need to much to repair we are especialist in remodeling this kind this house we have 7 years experiencie yf you want more information please contac our email is pilarnain@hotmail.com..
I work the Washington, Holmes, Jackson County areas of the Florida Panhandle. By utilizing my website at http://jimpalmer.erachipola.com you can search our MLS and even search other counties in Florida. If you see something that looks interesting, I would be happy to do further research for you. Please feel free to contact me if I can answer any further questions.
Hi Marcy,

Can the narrow this down some- what kind of money are you looking for. Central Florida, Sumter county, Lake, Marion, West Voluslia, Putnam have some really great deals. How low are you thinking?
If you can tell me what a Low price is!!!!

And what size are you looking for? How about Ocala national forest?

John

352-978-4539