Home Buying in Weymouth>Question Details

THC, Home Buyer in Quincy, MA

Where are some of the most desirable condo buildings / villages to live in Weymouth, MA?

Asked by THC, Quincy, MA Wed Mar 18, 2009

Because home prices are generally lower in Weymouth, I want to make sure I don't end up in an unsafe neighborhood. Thanks.

Answers

4
Hello THC -

Just a reminder to check out what is included in the condo fee when looking for affordable condos. Some include the heat, others don't. Weymouthport was mentioned and their fees include the heat, security, pool, exercise room, etc. However, right across the street is East Bay Condominiums and fees do not include these items. These are in an area that would be considered "safe".

A complex that I like to sell in when I have an opportunity is Ledgewood Place on Whitman St. It's a converted school building with 1 and 2 bedroom units. It's quiet and the place is well managed. There is not a big turnover there so you have to watch.

It's hard to cover everything here that I could say. If I can help with any other questions give me a call!

Carol Newell
carolnewell@kw.com
THC,
if you're looking to be in a town closer to boston and close to the south shore and the cape, the best area to look into is Braintree. There's a complex in Braintree right on the lake called "Royal Lake Village"... These are 3 bedroom 2 full bath condo's and located within quick distance to the "T", shopping malls, rte 3, rte 93/ 95/24. They are very spacious and some are selling at $30,000 below assessment. there are a couple of units on the market and worth taking a look at. Our friends are selling their 2nd floor unit (Building 5) which has views of the lake, the pool, the tennis courts and it's a 1500sq.ft unit. you should check it out. k
There are many good condo complexes in Weymouth. Tall Oaks, The Elms to name a few. Over on the water side in Weymouth Port which is very nice.

Visit the link below for more information on what is currently on the market in Weymouth.
Hi THC,

there various condo buildings in Weymouth such as Tall Oaks which has great units. It is hard to tell which one would be the best fit for you without any information (i.e. price range, bdrs, baths etc..) feel free to contact me if youd like to get a report on the condos in weymouth; also if you'd like to learn more about the community you can go to http://www.HOMESALESINMASS.com and click on community profile

Wen
Century 21 Marella
century21ma@yahoo.com