Don, Other/Just Looking in San Jose Forest, Jac...

Where are comparable real estate values in JAX like Epping Forest.?

Asked by Don, San Jose Forest, Jacksonville, FL Thu Mar 25, 2010

Location looks ideal but cannot evaluate prices since no recent sales. Is there some other gated community with comparable value?

Answers

8
Don,

Mike is right. You do need to consult an agent familiar with the area because your question is too vague. If you are asking about the average price per square foot that is an easier question to answer but it does not take into account condition. Also you have to look at the size of your home in comparison to the others in the nieghborhood. The last sale in the past 6 months was for $1.759 million. If you have a home that is 6500 SF with 5/5/2 then this might be a comparable. If you want to get more detailed, I can tell you that Epping Forest is not your only competition. Most of the buyers in our market are looking for the best deal. I am often amazed at how diverse the selection of homes and areas are that my buyers choose. In this market all bets are off. Your home needs to be the most desirable AND at the best price.
Call me and I will be happy to discuss ways to make your home stand out. I have a professional interior redesigner I work with who stages my homes as well as my vast network for marketing your property.

Sicerely,

Bryan Gates
Watson Realty Corp.
904 465-5846
Hello Don,

I’m Jorge Nunez, real estate consultant with EXiT Real Estate Gallery here in Jacksonville Florida. My office is just a few miles from Epping Forest. I have prepared plenty Case Studies and Analyses for the area and you are welcome to call me or stop by the office to discuss your requirements more in detail. Make you move.

Jorge
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 25, 2010
Sue Hollis, Agent, Watson Realty.

I would add to many of the comments that Epping Forest is a Prestigious gated community with a historical background. It is the original winter home of The DuPont family and was in a trust for decades. This unique piece of land with the St Johns River and the fabulous sunsets, close to downtown and the museums, fine arts locations, in addition to being close to Bolles School, a private College Prepatory School, has more to offer than just a gated neighborhood. For out of town buyers the location excells as a safe, prestigious neighborhood offering the Yacht Club, Tennis courts and a superb health club....with a lap pool. The value is in the livability of Epping Forest and cannot be compared by Sq/Ft.

I would be happy to entertain sharing information with any potential buyer with more specifics about the downtown areas...being in the business for over 10 years but having lived here for 20 years.

Sue Hollis, Watson Realty corp.
email: suehollis@watsonrealtycorp.com
I would suggest that a gated community comparable would be Glen Kernan, which is a private golf course community but not on the river with a yacht club and the prestige of Epping Forest. I think luxury homes in either San Marco in the Granada area, or Riverside along the river...
Epping Forest is a fairly unique community with a diverse range of homes and values. The key to finding true value is to look at not only the comparable values within Epping but to also look very carefully at replacement value in todays market. Much will depend on your individual property, including the size, location within Epping, finish, etc. There are some homes in Epping that can not be valued using comparables. Comparables don't exist or there has been no activity in the price and size and style for too long to be considered worthwhile for comparison. I would be more than happy use my 20+ years as a real estate broker in the Jacksonville area (I am one of those rare natives) along with my 10+ years of construction experience to assist you in finding the true value in today's market. Please give me a call if I can be of assistance.

Jerry Sachs
Vanguard Realty, Inc.
904-477-4622
jsachs48@gmail.com
FRANK EPPING IS A VERY UPSCALE GATED. YOU NEED BUYER FROM OUT OF STATE WITH THE KIND OF MONEY TO BUY WITH GOOD SUM OF CASH TO PUT DOWN AT WEICHERT REALTORS 1STCOAST WE HAVE OFFICES IN ALL 50 STATE SO WERE AGENT SEND BUYER TO SHOP FOR HOME IN JACKSONVILLE OFFICE 904-278-4220.
Hello Don

The homes in Epping Forest vary a lot. Without seeing the home, there is no way to compare to those or others in like neighborhoods.

There are homes listed in the 600's and there are homes well over a million dollars. There are much more things to take into consideration when trying to find fair market value for a home.

The last thing that sold in there was in September. It sold for 1.7mil.

If you would like a market analysis of a home or need assistance, give me a call or email me.

Shonda Sauls, REALTOR®
Prudential Network Realty
Cell (904)962-6139
Office (904)260-4300 #327
Fax (904)292-2060
Website http://www.shondasauls.com
Good afternoon, Don! Your best bet would be to find a realtor that is familiar with your area and have them do a Comparative Market Analysis for you. I would be more than happy to prepare one of those for you. That will give you a very good and well-educated determination of your homes value. Drop me an email or give me a call, and I'd more than happy to help you. Look forward to working with you!

Mike King
Watson Realty Corp
12710 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904) 327-2765 Direct
mikeking@watsonrealtycorp.com