Home Buying in West Hartford>Question Details

Elaine M Bry…, Home Buyer in West Hartford, CT

Where I can find sold comps for a 1825 house with 7br/4.2ba; 4,931sqft within three miles from Prospect and Albany Avenues, in Hartford, CT?

Asked by Elaine M Bryant, West Hartford, CT Wed Jul 4, 2012

Answers

5
Cassandra Ritone’s answer
Here is the Comparable Market Analysis. Please be advised that I do not know the subject property's condition or what I am really comparing other than the information you specified. Please also keep in mind that some of these comparables have fewer bedrooms, baths, etc so the price will be adjusted for that as well. If you would like to sit down to discuss this more, feel free to contact me.

http://tkcmase.toolkitcma.com/files/f6/c7807/o8010/a448388/T…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 4, 2012
Hi Elaine, I have a comparable market analysis done for you if you would like to email me please contact me at cassandraritone@gmail.com.
If you don't want to email me I can give you some information. For example, 820 Prospect Ave. closed on November 18, 2011 for 632,500. It has seven bedrooms and 5.2 baths 4921 ft.²
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 4, 2012
GENERATIONS REALTY GROUP- WEST HARTFORD. The best and most reliable way to find true comparable's is to hire a Licensed Appraiser who will physically come to the home and make detailed notes from which to compare other properties that have the closest amenities to your home. When there are no equally comparable home within a mile or so, the appraiser can expertly make adjustments to equalize the properties and calculate a true value for your home, or the home you are considering purchasing. Many of my clients have used Feldman Appraisal Services on S. Main St. West Hartford, which has been in the business for over 25 years. Good Luck.
Hello Elaine, the best way to get 'comps' is to either hire (and pay) a professional appraiser or to find an experienced realtor familiar with the area/neighborhood. They have access to data on recently sold properties in that area. You say the property, your own home I assume, is 'within 3 miles of Prospect and Albany Avenue'. That 3 miles can make a tremendous difference. As you know, a similar home on the north side of Prospect or nearby can sell for a very high price if it's in pristine condition. Three miles north, south, east, or west of Prospect can make a tremendous difference. To get a good market analysis, the agent or appraiser also needs to see the home first hand. It cannot be done from a distance.