Home Buying in San Anselmo>Question Details

Maibritt, Other/Just Looking in San Anselmo, CA

Where Can i live, if i want my children to go to School in San Anselmo? Can i live in Fairfax, San Rafael or somewhere else?

Asked by Maibritt, San Anselmo, CA Thu Apr 18, 2013

Answers

3
Vance & Anna Frost’s answer
Of course if you live in S.A. you can put your kids in S.A. schools. Other exceptions include town employees and others service persons. Best to call the Ross Valley District office. If you would like to discuss this further, please call us at 415-459-5900.
Best, Vance & Anna Frost (we do live in San Anselmo and help people buy here).
I would encourage you to call the school directly and confirm they are able to accommodate your child. Currently Wade Thomas Elementary in San Anselmo is unable to accept new students into Kindergarden. I am not sure if this is across the board for all grades.
The school board met a couple of weeks a go and passed a decision not to build temporary classrooms but instead spend the money on increased security on campus. Some residents were told their children can attend Sun Valley Elementary in San Rafael.
Ross Valley School district boundaries are only within the San Anselmo and Fairfax town limits. The district is overflowing and not accepting district transfers. You will need to live in San Anselmo or Fairfax to attend these schools. Some areas of Fairfax do attend school in San Anselmo since their is only one elementary school in Fairfax.