Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Sylvia Wesol…, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA

Where Can I get more information on benefits for first time home buyers?

Asked by Sylvia Wesolowski, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jun 2, 2011

Answers

6
There are a few different first time buyer programs for first time buyers here in Los Angeles County and the ones that come to mind (because they're the ones that I professionally work with the most) are NSP and LIPA which are both administered by the Los Angeles Housing Dept. There is also CalHFA and CHF to that offer down payment assistance. For more, check out my blog for more info on other programs.
Thanks For all Your help everyone! I really appriciate it!
Sylvia,
Speak with a mortgage consultant. They will provide you with the types of programs that best fit you and your clients. Good luck to you.
Thanks for the question...There are several programs available to First Time Buyers..First thing you must do is check with your lender. If that lender is not on an approved list for your area of interest you may need to change lenders..Your local neighborhood housing department will be a great start for you as well. What area are you targeting?
Thanks for your question about first time home buying. There are some great agents out there who specialize in first time home buying. I have consulted with some myself.

I recommend a good specialist first. The HUD website is a great website to go to for background information about the process of buying a home. For more cyber research start with bank websites because they have an interest in making sure you do it right.

David Chiles
Meridian Capital
(800) 729-5111 Ext 420
dchiles@southercalre.com
Many places you can check including:

1. HUD Website
2. Individual City and County Websites
3. Habitat for Humanity
4. Most lenders will know about special programs
5. Homepath.com

Sammer Mudawar, Broker
RE/MAX Prestige
714.660.4008