anthony.vacc…, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Whenever I see a house the agent will tell me they have nothing available at that price. Everything is at least 750k

Asked by anthony.vaccarino, Brooklyn, NY Thu Jul 25, 2013

Answers

9
Hi Anthony - your question is a little mis-quoted. Are you looking for a home in Bed/Sty only
at what price. depending upon size, exact location and condition you want there are many price levels.
if you send me your direct email with your desires I will be happy to do some research for you.
Thanks. My email is anthony.vaccarino@marriott,com. Im preapproved for 500k and Im looking in the bedford stuyvesant or cypress hills area for a single family house with a finished basement to rent.
Flag Sat Jul 27, 2013
Ok, so what exactly is your question? How can we help you?

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 25, 2013
Anthony,

There are properties for sale in the area but it all depends what you are looking for, Condo, Single Family or Multi-Family.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 25, 2013
Prices do vary; if your focus is in an area outside your budgetary constraints, consider expanding and check out other neighborhoods....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 25, 2013
If I had to guess, Anthony is just making a statement. My guess is he is driving around NY, as have I and my hubby and everytime you see a decent house, it turns out it is selling for $700,000 or more. Homes we all know that went for well under that just a few years ago. Something isnt right. Just as the mortgage rates are climbing, unfortunately, so are the costs of homes in NY. Unfortunately, the only homes available online are ones that yes, are in the price range we want but are so very old (1940's) and nothing has ever been updated thereby needing so much work that it makes it impossible for someone to purchase a home in NY AND be able to afford to update it unless you have cash on the side. However, if you have cash on the side, that much ($50,000 and more to update) we would be using it for the down payment.
What do you mean by see a house? Is the house in your price range??? You can look online for properties in the area you want to see if there are in fact homes in your range
Anthony, you don't have to search with only one Realtor. You can definitely use another Realtor and see what they show you. It's possible that the agent is right in that the inventory in the areas you're looking for is low and is genuinely showing what's out there, or maybe he/she is showing you what they want to show you. Only one way to find out!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
Anthony,

The prices fluctuate depending on what you are looking for. Bed-Stuy is a hot area right now but depending on what you want, the prices will vary tremendously.

Michael S. Dacko
Ideal Properties Group, LLC
232 Court Street, Brooklyn NY 11201
MDacko@IdealPropertiesGroup.com
c: 972.897.1884
p: 347.227.8998
f: 718.228.9359
Maybe you have the wrong agent.

If you're looking for a home in a certain price range, email or call me... I will send you some.

Luke Constantino
Commercial/Residential
Keller Williams Real Estate
9120 4th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11209
Office: (718) 954 8400
Direct: (212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com