Latorya, Home Buyer in Broadview Heights, OH

When you see a house for 164,000 do you pay the amount and then pay whatever amount for the house?

Asked by Latorya, Broadview Heights, OH Fri May 27, 2011

I am new to homebuying please help me!!!

Answers

1
Latorya, the prices on home listings are the asking prices that the sellers are currently asking for the home. The prices are negotiable. The actual sales price may be higher or lower depending on the final agreement reached between a buyer and seller. If there is a lot of competition from buyers for a particular listing, the final sales price might be higher than the asking price because someone was willing to pay more than the asking price. If there is low competition from buyers for a listing and if a seller is motivated to sell, the sale price might be lower than the asking price.

An experienced real estate agent can help you determine the approximate current market value before you put an offer on a home. I hope this helps.